Watkinniwon Builder Application

Discussion in 'Builders' started by watkinni1, Apr 30, 2017.

?

Is this build I built a good enough build to be given the apprentice builder rank

Poll closed May 14, 2017.
  1. Yes you built a good build

30.0%
  2. No, please state why below

70.0%
  1. watkinni1

watkinni1 Active Member

1. What is your ingame name? WatkinniWon
    2. What is your current Builder rank? Whatever the first level builder rank is.
    3. Are you the only Builder on this project? Yes
    4. What are the coordinates to your project (Optionally /sw coordinates)? Are there any nearby nether portals? 546, 202 in sw, or 4375, 1623 overworld cords 2017-04-30_15.13.24.png 2017-04-30_15.14.38.png 2017-04-30_15.14.49.png
    5. Post at least 2 pictures of your plot. YOU MUST POST PICTURES. You may need to shrink them first and there are lots of sites to shrink pictures for you (like www.imgur.com).

Ok this was kind of difficult to get good pictures without having /fly. It is in your best interest to come check it out in game. Just don't grief my stuff around it that isn't regioned (You know who you are) ;).

This build is just the islands with the houses on them, try your best to ignore the surrounding stuff.

2. Blakethecrafter

Blakethecrafter Survival Staff

3. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I took the time to go look at the place in game, I do not think its bad by any means but the requirements for the rank states "Same quality of the spawn structures".

After inspecting the buildings and surrounding land I did not feel as much attention was put into the details as there is with the spawn structures. The land around the buildings is not decorated or made to look nicer with grass/flowers/etc. Glowstone is seemingly placed at random all over ground to light it up, torches thrown all over the boat, and some of the materials used (in my opinion) do not mesh well together.

Like i said, not a bad build by any means. It is just after reviewing the build and comparing it to spawn structures it did not meet that criteria in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Shanks

Shanks New Member

The buildings are really boxy, there are details, just not a lot
    And overall its just a few small buildings

I can only agree w exa, not enough for builder

#edit: the captured chat is just hilarious ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DrachenSeele

DrachenSeele New Member

you've put 0 effort in it, everything is just cubic and not decorated

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. killjoy213

killjoy213 New Member

Hiya Wat!

The reason I voted no was because I believe the project has room for improvement. Whether it be in taking the time to add in the minute details or just making it seem like you took the time and care to build a project worthy of builder rank, I think the most precious factor of any builder is the effort invested into their projects - no matter the size or rank.

As I have known you for a couple of maps, I'm confident that you are capable of more than this quality of building. I found the build to be enjoyable, but of a level that is beneath you. I have high hopes for the builder tree, and the players who choose to follow the route. My last wish is for the rank to lower its standards.

Thanks for your time! Hope to see any changes that are made. :D

#6 killjoy213, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1