My Absence, And How It Retains To My Evolution As A Person

Discussion in 'Written' started by rocman, Jan 2, 2016.

1. rocman

rocman Active Member

Good day. As a lot of you know, My name is Rocman (formerly rocman_111, and soon to be RackPredictsYT), and I used to play on this server. I would like to think I was a rather popular character here, but such assumptions should be left up to the people as a whole. This is my shortened story of how I went missing from this server.

When I first joined this server, I was an immature (and no, stanky, I will not start up my whole "maturity" tirade again) 8 year-old with a fiery attitude and a new bought cop of Minecraft. I got Minecraft because I was on the First Honors list at my school, and, let me tell you, I was frickin addicted to this game from the second I began to understand it. Not the second I saw it, I actually hated the game for about a 2 month period, but that was because no one cared enough to explain the game to me while I was at school. I came upon Minecraft per recommendation of a friend, Jorge, and a teacher, Mr. Andrew Taylor, a Music and Technology coordinator from my elementary school in southeastern Massachusetts. Now, I'm an 11 year-old, with a completely changed attitude. I go to a different school, enjoy different pastimes, and even eat and drink different foods and drinks.

And a lot of this was fueled by this very community.

Back then, I wanted to be #32, Second Baseman for the Boston Red Sox, a professional baseball team in the US. Now, I want to be the Middlesex County District Attorney (in normal English, Boston's lawyer). Then, my favorite TV show was Spongebob Squarepants. Now, it's Blue Bloods, starring Donnie Wahlberg and Tom Selleck. Favorite sport then? Baseball. Now, it's American Football. Even my favorite drink is different. Back then, I'd drink anything with 10% daily value of sugar. Now, I prefer Earl Gray tea with whatever creamer my mom has on hand.

I'm making this much too long. Basically, the TL;DR version is this: I grew from a young boy to a young man, somewhere in the timespan of 32 months.

And a lot of it was because of you. Everyone who has helped me out along the way, including a few shoutouts to Lego30120, Death_Witch, stanky2, Thr0ttie, HazelRain, Andi931 (I remember you from the good ol days of Minecraft 1.4.6), MojoBunny, Junebug, and last but not least, natbyte.

Now I'm making a return. I hope I can meet up with old friends, and make some new ones.

Thanks, Roc :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

You call this an essay? ;)

3. rocman

rocman Active Member

To me, Essay = 5 paragraphs. This is 5 paragraphs & some change ;)

4. Kenny

Kenny Well Known Member

this a damn book. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. BC519

BC519 Active Member

I agree with Harry and the others. It should be read in a Morgan Freeman voice. I recommend the Characters he played in The Shawshank Redemption or Invictus. His accents are spot on for this type of reading.

But Welcome back Rocman. Congrats on your 11th birthday and school promotions. Keep writing.

6. Death_Witch

Death_Witch Survival Staff

Welcome back :) your doing good.