Escape To The Surface (a Mcs New Map Story)

Discussion in 'Written' started by shadowslasher11, Jan 3, 2015.

1. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

I woke, heavy gravity of the darkness sat on top of me. The headache, it was already setting in from the cryogenic sleep. I struggled to open my eyes, they were still heavy from the long sleep. I reached for the light switch on the side of the wall, the small cubby sized pod blasted light into my eyes, blinding me for several minutes. After regaining my vision, I looked around the pod, the lights flickered for a moment. Everything was just how I left it, glad to see no one had decided to raid me in my sleep. I reached for the door button, pressed it, and I began to drown. Water flooded in with rushing speed, then pulled me out of the pod, crashing my back against a rock wall. I tried to scream in agony, but only bubbles came out. The water pulled me farther downstream, I swam to the surface to catch my breath, only to get dragged down a second later. I reached for anything on the ceiling to grab onto, anything at all that would help. I managed to get above the water again, ending up smashing my face on a stalagmite. I was near the point of blacking out, I hit the side of the rapids again, stinging my back. The water came to a sharp bend, throwing me from the water as I hit the rock wall. Landing on its underground river bed.

I coughed up water, blood followed. I flopped onto my back, reaching for any air I could take in at this point. Grabbing to the cave wall, I shook to my feet. I looked back on what use to be the city of Exile, and viewed it with hopes that the others had made it out. I ripped down the beams on an old mineshaft and created myself a sword till I could get out. Mobs, skeletons and zombies swarmed the cave system, each of them baring the clothes of some people I recognized, people I will never see again.

The cave was flooded worse than I originally thought, waterfalls lined the cave. Climbing up each of them became a difficult challenge the higher I got, sometimes ranging from the typical waterfall, to waterfalls that would lead to certain death. But I was determined to make it to the surface, and see everyone again. I climbed with all my might, I could see the cave mouth in my sights, I ran for it. Anxious like a child on Christmas morning; but, I never made it out. I began to suffocate, horribly, my lungs were becoming crushed from, whatever it was. I rushed back down into the cave to get away, away from the entrance in which poisoned my leaving. I began to breathe again, looked at the cave entrance, and pondered. I ripped Redstone dust from one of my pouches, created a torch, and ignited some gunpowder on it. The Redstone flame turned to a black sparked. With the torch in hand and in my front, I slowly moved towards the mouth of the cave. The torch sparked, and created a large spark, then, stopped. It was dead, I backed into the cave. My fears, my nightmare, of being trapped underground forever had come true. The Dark Matter Extract that once thrived in the Oxygen, was now gone.

I quickly went to work, melting down obsidian into formation, the formation of a helmet. While I waited for that to happen, I crawled back down into the rotting city of Exile, and began smashing whatever windows were left standing. I took the shards of glass, while fighting off the undead. I knew that it wouldn't take long for the oxygen underground to run out, so I quickly made my way back to the mouth of the cave. No mobs were there to stop me. I inserted 3 layers of glass for eye holes into the melted obsidian rock. I then filled with iron, and more melted obsidian on the outside. I threw the item into the water, let it cool, and used whatever cotton material I had on me and edged the inside wall with it. I looked at the cave mouth, knew that the world around me would forever be an endangerment of my life. I threw the mask on. The HUD came up, displaying the helmet's functionality. I nodded to myself, and made way towards to the cave exit. The world of Althea was gone, it was time to awaken into this new world.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1