Creative Eightnine's Nazi Zombies - Creative Build

Discussion in 'Creative Server Chat' started by eightnine, Apr 25, 2013.

?

So, interested?

1. I would love to play this on the server! It's looking neat!

88.2%
  2. I would play this in single player offline or on my LAN.

11.8%
  3. It looks bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Updates! 4/27/13

• Changed 'Perk' buying system. Perks will now need to be purchased per rank (ex. speed I then speed II) instead of buying both at once.
    • Power room will no longer be a simple 'Door' purchase. You will need to put sand into the system for a 'chance' that the generator will start and turn the power on.
    • Weapons! System is online. Swords, axes, bows and shovels of all types can be found for purchase.

Okay, so, the video should cover most of it, but in case you didn't watch it:

The Idea:
      While it's not an original one, it is built by me! I like CoD Nazi Zombies. I think it's a fun game. I wanted it inside of Minecraft and specifically on our server, so I thought that I'd build something in creative, run it pass some of you folks (and the powers that be) to see if there's an interest and perhaps eventually it can be a game we can play together in the event world.

The Features:
      It's a lot like the game! You have to turn on power, you can buy perks (beacons), weapons, potions, upgrades, etc. It's redstone powered! No need for command blocks.

Anyway, yea, I wanted to hear some feedback, so leave some please. :) All questions, comments, suggestions will be welcomed. Don't be shy!
    • Armor! Most armors are now available.
    • Zombies! While not yet officially* able to spawn on our server, the 'test' build successfully spawned zombies imbued with the following random qualities:
      • Regular Zombie
      • Fast Zombie (swiftness)
      • Strong Zombie (strength)
      • Invisible Zombie (Invisibility)
        • Zombies can spawn with 1 or none of the above qualities OR all of them or a mix of them. (I'll have a video eventually)
    • Exterior work started.
    • Changes to redstone.
    One of the updates mentions exterior work. As I believe the inside of this project should provide a beautiful and scary feel that leaves the player wondering 'How'd he do that?', I also think the outside of a build should be just as neat. I've posted a couple of screenshots. Take a look at them and let me know what you think.
    [​IMG]
    That's all for now! Leave me a comment with whatever suggestions/criticisms you have!
    *In the event the powers that be do not wish to use this game, I can make a version available for download for your individual uses if desired.

Updates! 4/29/13

The most notable update for the day is that I pretty much deleted the whole thing that I had! I stood back from the project, took a good long look and decided that the current layout/system was getting too difficult to follow. I'm creating a floor plan that makes more sense this time around.
    • Changed 'Perk' buying system. Changed back to buying a perk at max level (ex. speed II) because it felt like the game was about the sand and not about slaying the undead.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dynamite Dynamite x 1
  2. Happy_Cookies

Happy_Cookies Well Known Member

You sir, are a redstone genius.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Squidword

Squidword Active Member

4. jokerr77

jokerr77 Active Member

I would love to see this! If you ever need help eightnine, just ask me :)

5. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Eh, go take a look at the newest snapshot.. New zombie spawning / hoarding might mess up this idea a bit.
    Other then that looks awesome! :D

6. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

I think that will make it better (the swarm effect at least, the falling out of the sky effect is just stupid).

7. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Well the falling out of the sky thing was a glitch according to Dinnerbone, should be fixed next snapshot or the 2nd version of this one :p

8. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Thanks so much everyone! I'll keep building and try to keep updated on here for what has been added. Also, I'd like to hear your ideas! If you think something would be neat, let me know and we'll see if we can add it in. Likewise, if you think something should go, tell me! You can send me mail in game or just reply here or find me on the creative server!

Don't worry, FillWerrel, I've tested it in the latest snapshot before posting this video and it still works just fine. :) In fact, because the zombies 'call' for help, it makes it more interesting.

9. Squidword

Squidword Active Member

Wow this is gonna be amazing when it's finsihed!

10. Davidthemerc

Davidthemerc Member

I approve 110%! This is badass!

11. Squidword

Squidword Active Member

I aprove too with 110%

12. PickachuKrew

PickachuKrew Active Member

My only problem with this could be server lag. Other than that, I approve 9001%.

13. LikePoseidon

LikePoseidon Active Member

This is super cool and when you get it finalized I'm sure lots of people will be dieing to play it, like me. So I recommend you make another thread where people can reserve games times and say when they'll play and who, so you can help them set up and play. Idk just an idea but I think it'd help! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1