Creative Creative Jail

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by xX_Ricio_Xx, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xX_Ricio_Xx

xX_Ricio_Xx Active Member

So I was on the server and thought of a way to help the server. A Jail would suit this. The jail would jail griefs, not obeying rules, etc. This is very useful and many people agreed. Just think how much this would help. Jail could prevent them from using commands in jail, being able to build, etc. This would be very helpful. :)

- Ricio999 & Some People of the Server (My Idea FYI)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

pretty pointless

griefs? it's the plot owner's own fault for adding the person, and they can just remove them(and even deny players), you already know this

not obeying rules? the only real rules are chat related and the staff already have commands to handle that

3. imme

imme Well Known Member

People come on here to build and banning them just lets them do nothing for 2 days but if they have to sit in game for 30 minutes doing nothing or 1 hour doing nothing they will get bored

I'm not going into the whole "griefing" thing I'm just saying that it would be good to annoy people into following rules because they don't want to be stuck doing nothing.

When they are muted they can still build, if jailed they won't be able to do anything

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. xX_Ricio_Xx

xX_Ricio_Xx Active Member

Thr0ttie has a point.. but the Jail could be a nice thing for the server and we may be able to look further into it.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

I am going to go with Imme. I am seriously addicted to the server, and not being allowed on would make me insane. I think banning is better, one: you didn't obey, now you can't go do the same thing on other MCS servers. Meaning, no nagging staff, or the like. Also, if people are bored in jail, they can leave the game... So yeah. Two: if they were muted over and over, banning them isn't just the most awful thing to do. You take precautions, right? You obviously don't add people with a record as a griefer; and I mean, only banning if the warnings have been recent, not banning if his last time doing that was a year ago. Jails are pretty useless...

My opinion. -Xariaxx

6. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

Speed Hacks.

7. imme

imme Well Known Member

If you have gotten jailed for 1 hour, you have to be online for that entire hour. Jail time does not count if you are offline

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. carson378

carson378 Active Member

If its pointless then how can it be a good thing for the server? I have seen no rule in creative that is not chat related and jailing a person for chat problems will only increase it further. Whats the point of jailing a spammer or a racist if they are just going to become more racist and spam more?

I understand there's the option to mute them and jail them both but whats the point? Making them rage?

9. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

Making them rage is not the point. We more fancy making them ragequit.

10. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

I know, but they can always go play on pvp, or skyblock, ect..

11. imme

imme Well Known Member

Yeah but regardless they still have to sit IN JAIL for 1 hour of only being on creative. You can only get rid of your jail time by sitting in jail on the creative server alone

12. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

actually it does, it doesn't make sense that it does, but it does count if you are offline, thus my original point

and also as I already said, a jail is pointless on a server like this, its unnecessary to add it just for fun

13. imme

imme Well Known Member

So if I get jailed on survival for 1 hour and log on 2 hours later I'll be out of jail?

14. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

yup, it's actually been like that for awhile

15. carson378

carson378 Active Member

But when they come back, they are only jailed for the remainder that they have from the time they left. Just as thr0ttie said, you can be jailed for an hour, come back in 2 hours and be unjailed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. chansuke

chansuke Member

This is a pretty pointless idea, to be honest. As others have pointed out, grief is pretty much a non-issue on the creative server. And why jail someone for chat offenses when mute works just fine?

Adding complexity to a system for the sake of complexity is silly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Pinecone

Pinecone Active Member

A jail might have a little use, however another command would be better for this. I have been thinking what uses a jail would have to help the server. Ricio said jails would prevent commands, correct? Players have gotten muted, but used other chatting commands such as /msg and /g bypass the mute. With a jail or command-preventing tool, they wouldn't be able to abuse these commands to bypass a mute.

A jail is obviously not the solution to this, but a tool that prevents commands may be.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Hawkeyes

Hawkeyes Active Member

Thr0tttie said jailing was useless. Twice. I don't get why y'all are still arguing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. watkinni1

watkinni1 Active Member

I've been jailed on Survival for creeper grief and I didn't even know it.

20. carson378

carson378 Active Member

We already have a solution for those who Bypass mutes. Its called /ban.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.