Because im unpopular

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by xbxsmokey2, Jun 27, 2013.

1. xbxsmokey2

xbxsmokey2 Member

Because im unpopular im treated like crap? I just realized that i am always ignored in game. No one answers any of the questions i ask. No one respondes to me. I am disrespected. I am sorry i post this thread but i want to get it out there that only a few people are kind to me. I just want to say that i do not like veing treated like this and i see that no one else is on here. No im not an attention seeker or anything so dont start that.

2. imme

imme Well Known Member

Welcome to non-staff life on the survival server! How may I help you?

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. DragonLS

DragonLS Active Member

If you didn't want to seek attention, posting this topic does the opposite effect.

Complaining about the misfortune isn't going to help matters unless you actually get people's attention in-game. Making this topic accomplishes nothing other than to vent out your frustrations while not solving the actual problem.

If you can't get someone's attention, they're probably busy. And if that happens, ask someone else. We have Helpers here for a reason whom are here to help, and some of the veterans here are also more than happy to help. Try /msg if global chat doesn't work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Jokerjoey1

Jokerjoey1 New Member

I understand how it feels. It happened to me on another server, when the owner said some bad things about me to the staff. I was put down by staff members, and jailed and killed all the time. I understand. I feel sorry for you.

All I can say to the people doing this to you is:
    Don't do what you can't take, treat others how you want to be treated.

Hope everything gets better.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. xbxsmokey2

xbxsmokey2 Member

i try to talk to ppl who r talking in global chat but they dont respond. i am trying to get ppls attention in game.

6. DragonLS

DragonLS Active Member

Have you tried using /msg? Or /ch h?

7. xbxsmokey2

xbxsmokey2 Member

8. xbxsmokey2

xbxsmokey2 Member

yes

9. XiXGoldeyXiX

XiXGoldeyXiX Active Member

Sad to hear this, Stephen. I can easily understand how you feel ignored. To be honest, that is a issue with a large server. People with the same rank tend to not be seen as easily becaue of the colour on their names, and people with a rare rank, like staff, is easily noticed. It's probably not your fault. Instead of trying to get peoples attention in global, what about sending a person a /msg? Easily seen, and people are more likely to answer them.

Also, you shouldn't look down on yourself. You are a player equal to everyone else, and your reputation in real life does not have anything to do with minecraft. Smile to the world, and see the world smile back to you!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I find that "fame" usually follows strong personalities, not ranks. Ofc the staff rank is pretty much Insta-fame overnight as many people will suck up to you just to be associated with a staff member, sad.. but true. Your playing on a semi-large populated server, your not going to get the attention you want unless you stick out from the masses and make a name for yourself. This thread doesn't help your cause.

As far as your mystery chest bid not being popular... your not well known and because of that people don't know if they can trust you to not just be a scam like so many others. I for one never do mystery chest bids, doesn't mean i'm ignoring you it just means I have no interest in what your offering.

You say you don't want attention, but what i see here is somebody... wanting attention because he feels ignored. You may deny it if you wish but its pretty apparent, at least to me. If you want that attention go out and do something about it. Make a name for yourself by being/doing something unique/interesting and people will start to take notice. Don't come on here and whine about it, that can often times have the opposite effect.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. DragonLS

DragonLS Active Member

I didn't join staff for the fame, I joined because I wanted to help people.

Honestly, being "famous" shouldn't mean a damn thing here. We're all players, and we're all equal to an extent. Don't let it go to your (or anyone's) head.

And staff = Instant Fame? What nonsense is this?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Dragon, I didnt say people joined staff for fame. Please read what I said.

I also didn't say "fame" meant anything, please read what I said.

And yes, staff = Instant Fame. Everyone knows it, and I've got first hand experience with it so don't talk like you have no idea what im talking about and call my statement nonsense. Please... lets be honest here. :rolleyes: this isnt even about that, Stephen wants attention and people to notice him. I simply replied to that topic.

And why is it you staff members nowdays are so touchy on the whole staff fame topic. Either you are A) blind to the obvious or B) Covering your ears, closing your eyes, and saying lalalala I can't hear you. Its not a bad thing its just an honest side-product of being in a position of influence. Same as in real life. How about being honest, thats what I do.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. DragonLS

DragonLS Active Member

Let me explain, Exavious.

I'm not oblivious to it, I am only trying to state a point. While being a staff member does make you the center of attention, it is not always desired. Some of us have joined staff to assist others, while some only join for other reasons, and maybe sometimes it's fame.

Having "fame" shouldn't influence on how people look at us, but in what and who we are, basically our personality, treating us as their equal without us being "special" in their eyes if that makes any sense.

Basically, some of us prefer not to be treated differently, but as a friend of the community.

Also, I admit I had a error on my part since I didn't read the text more closely, so I apologize.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

Xbox your not unpopular were friends right?:D I have seen you on lots of times and I think you are a pretty nice guy though. Sorry to hear this : (

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. ItsBuffalo

ItsBuffalo Active Member

Stephen, I am sorry you feel this way. However, if you need someone to talk to, I am always hear to talk, or just to hang out and play. If you didn't know I have a private chat channel and you are free to join the channel if you feel like talking its /ch buffalo.

However, you don't need to be popular or be seen to have a good time. Ranks don't matter, what matters is if you are a nice player, a good player, and not selfish. Over time, people will see this and they will start coming to you more often. You don't need to impress anyone on this server, all you have to do is have fun, follow the rules, and play the game for what it is. I myself just recently have learned that.

Do what you want to do, yeah having friends on the server is good and it can make it more fun. But just do what you do and you will start gaining more people in to your "group"

• Like Like x 2
  16. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

I wish less people knew me, you can have some of my "popularity"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Conanto

Conanto Well Known Member

I had "fame" before joining staff because I was alway an active player in the chat, I helped a lot of people, I always joined events and enjoyed them without complaining. It takes time, my first 4 months in this server I was a lonely soul living in a cobblestone tower. You are new here, do not expect the whole server to notice about your existence, make them notice you instead. People had joined the server in the past few months and now they are very well known players, so you can too :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. imme

imme Well Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. imme

imme Well Known Member

Adding on to this somewhat - I have noticed this especially after the post-hand picked staff era. There are some VERY GOOD staff members here today (thinking of 2 in particular, not gonna say their names though, because that would automatically make me a suckup) however I liked the staff attitude a lot better on BR4 when they were hand picked. I don't know how to explain it....it was just...different. I guess I was too atatched to the old staff members that are gone now. Part of the problem for me is not knowing who someone is UNTIL they become staff...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Hail_a3

Hail_a3 Stars of the Forums

I'll answer this because I feel it is specifically directed at me. You weren't being ignored. I had an event running and I explained what it was about 10 times. On top of that, I was getting about 10fps due to bandwidth issues and only caught about every 10 chatlines or so. Everytime I asked you what was up, I was seemingly ignored. Other people were talking to you at this time and you felt it was more appropriate to talk back to them then try to answer me. Sorry it happened that way. Next time a /msg or /mail would be PERFECT for allowing me to answer.