Survival Adventurer Rank Perk : Angel Chest

Discussion in 'News / Server Information' started by Natbyte, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

When an Adventurer dies, an AngelChest is created. The chest is locked and protected for 15 minutes, once the 15 minute timer expires then the chest disapears and just drops the contents. Your chest is also protected and can only be accessed by yourself. However you can also /unlock your chest, for example if you died in the company of a friend and are happy for them to grab your stuff. The chest will hold your complete inventory including armor slots. Your AngelChest will not work in The End!

AngelChest Screenshot.jpg

When you right click the AngelChest, your inventory will be restored. If not all the items can be stored (because you picked something up after re-spawning), the remaining items will be left in the chest and you can decide which items you want to be left behind. Once the chest is emptied or the duration is reached, it will de-spawn and drop the remaining items.

#1 Natbyte, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Winner x 1
    • Wizard x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Cookie x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. _Beep_

_Beep_ Survival Staff
    Staff Member

That's pretty neat!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Ninja Ninja x 1
  3. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

if you die in lava does the chest burn?

• Like Like x 2
  4. edsta024

edsta024 Active Member

Thank you for this addition! This is awesome.

5. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

If the block where the player dies is not empty (e.g. lava) your Angel will search for an empty block inside of the specified maximum radius of 15 blocks, if nothing safe is available within this area even your Angel can not perform a miracle and your items will not be saved in a chest.

#5 Natbyte, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. _Beep_

_Beep_ Survival Staff
    Staff Member

So I died.

I have a few questions:
    Is the AngelChest visible to players that aren't Adventurers (And locked out of it, like all the other adventurers)?
    And if you died a 2nd time within the 15 minute period, does that spawn a 2nd chest, or will it replace the first, losing all the items in the first?

The story of my death:

Blown up by a creeper, and Xaria said that no chest spawned. So does the chest not work if you die to explosive damage (There was safe blocks within 15 blocks of the block I died on)? As I got back to the area, I was nudged off a dirt bridge by a mob in the area of my first death, killing me a 2nd time.
    I saw no chest prior to my 2nd death, and when I returned after dying the second time there was a chest there containing only the few blocks and the boats and food I used to get back the first time.

I've accepted that all my items are now gone, and I'll have to rebuild, I am simply just wondering if that's supposed to happen?

7. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

An AngelChest is visible to all, however only you can collect its contents, unless you have used the /unlock command, this command allows for the unlocking of the chest and anyone to collect its contents.

Usually a chest should spawn in the event of a creeper explosion, however I will report these issues you documented as an unexpected bug.

#7 Natbyte, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1