Minecon 2015 Highlights!

Discussion in 'News / Server Information' started by FillWerrel, Jul 9, 2015.

1. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Mojang's latest Minecraft conference, dubbed "Minecon 2015" (duh), has once again outdone itself as the largest gathering of a single game, bringing in over 10,000 attendees. Instead of solely Q&A sessions and various keynotes from developers and YouTubers alike, Mojang unveiled two highly anticipated products in much further detail this time around.

The first of those is Minecraft for HoloLens. Those in attendance at Minecon were able to watch close up how HoloLens works, and a few lucky fans even got to play with it themselves. If you are unfamiliar with HoloLens, here is the demo that was given at E3 2015.

The next thing unveiled was the trailer for the promising new narrative driven, episodic game brought to you by Mojang and Telltale Games. This game is titled Minecraft: Story Mode, and will follow the style of other TellTale Games' games such as Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us. Even though the public had not received more details on what the plot of the game will actually be, the game still ended up leaving blocky gamers in fits of anticipation all around the globe. At Minecon 2015 in London, the trailer for Minecraft: Story Mode was released. Check it out below.

All in all, Mojang did not dissapoint with this years rendition of Minecon. Their brilliant idea of a game convention was unchanged and just as personal even under the new ownership of Microsoft.

#1 FillWerrel, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dynamite Dynamite x 1
  2. bagofriedpickles

My friends cousin went to London for Minecon this year. It mustve been awesome. I really love that trailer

3. Stonemoney

Stonemoney Active Member

The animation for Minecraft Story Mode could be a bit better. I mean if you look at the intro to Minecon, then this trailer almost directly after it, it looks crap. I sure hope that is just a "beta" of the graphics.

4. rocman

rocman Active Member

One of them sounds like PauseUnpause. Just saying.