Denied Crystal33's Engineer Application

Discussion in 'Designers / Engineers' started by Crystal33, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Crystal33

Crystal33 Active Member

1. What is your in game name? Crystal33
    2. Are you a constructor? No... Designer
    3. Are you the only builder on the project? Yup :)
    4. What is the warp to get to your plot?(ex. /p h Thr0ttie) /p h:4 Crystal33
    5. Post at least 2 pictures of your plot

The Ladyrinth Maze!
    This maze has 3 levels, the first level has no red stone and the 2nd and 3rd floors have a little bit of red stone.

- I had some help with testing the maze and red stone Guidance from Harry_turney123 and Meat_shield. But I placed all the blocks and red stone.
    App_1.png
    App_2.png App_3.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

Ok - the truth - your first two levels are boring mazes. I don't say that to be mean, I say it because I've made a lot of boring mazes and aside from your walls on level 1, there is nothing redeeming about them. There are no real clues to help the player along, like a progression in rainbow colors or numbered signs... the redstone on two does not make it better. Basically - anyone can make those top two mazes, and I don't want to give out ranks for people making random hallways and putting a roof on top.

Now your third level... That's some beautiful stuff... I love the use of colors, nightvision, etc... this is an interesting and beautiful maze.

Except you don't have any maze progression - different colored potted flowers along the way to let the player know something is different than where tehy just came from - a break in the usual scenery, something.

I'd like to see another OS opinion on this because I know the first 2 floors need work. I'd like to see more work on #3.

I don't want to deny it, but I don't want approve it either...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

I'm going to preface this post in saying that I am not a fan of mazes in the first place, but I went in with an open mind

First off, I appreciated the effort put in to the actual making of the maze path. I know that must have taken awhile cause it is the entire plot and 3 levels worth

My gripes with the maze are:
    -Far too cramped, walking through one block wide paths the entire time gets annoying very fast
    -No real theme or hint of direction at all. I walked around for 10 minutes on the first level, getting to different parts I though might be the path to the next level only to have nothing there.

I also didn't see really any redstone work at all, although I'm not entirely sure how exactly you would implement that much since everything is one block wide and your levels are directly under one another

I'm giving it a no

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Crystal33

Crystal33 Active Member

Thank you for both your opinions, I shall work on all the levels and Make them better :) Thank you for your honest opinion. also their are levels below to hold the redstone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1