How To Keep Out Of Mc Fights

Discussion in 'Minecraft Server Tutorials' started by xariaxx, Apr 30, 2014.

1. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

We all argue, sometimes it's simple. Here's how to keep it from going too far:

Make It Clear-

Make sure you aren't Mr. Mysterio, have what you are trying to say clear. People are more likely to understand, and not be offended. Example: your house was griefed and people are hinting it was your BFF. Rather than, "Why'd you grief my house?!" Try: "My house was griefed, any idea who did it?" Trust me, this helps ALOT.

Don't Get in Their Face-

If you do talk to someone, try not to be all snotty and up in their face. Sarcastism is awful if you don't know that the other person doesn't get it. This offends easily...

Avoid and Evade-

This has happened to me, and I will not give names, but someone recently started randomly insulting me on Creative. I told them to knock it off, and eventually ignored them. Don't keep listening because you need to know what they're saying! It's a dumb idea, and it honestly brings down your self esteem. Then you may feel like you need to bully people to bring it up.

Zip the Lips-

Really? Don't stoop yourself to what someone is saying, and insult them back! Now you're just as low and guilty as they are! If they don't stop, you need to get staff. You are an amazing person and they can't treat you like that.

Treat Staff Fairly-

When and if you get staff involved, don't be like: "So and so needs to be banned right now because they did thiiss!" Staff hates that, whether or not you are right, don't be whiney about it.. That may get YOU banned. Do you want that? Was that your goal?

Don't Start-

Whether the person who is the victim of an argument, YOU are the person who needs to make the first move to end it. When someone is not getting your point, or just going on and on about someone, complaining to you; please, walk away. If they have a problem with someone else they need to talk to them about it. Not you.

Stand Up-

If you see its more than an argument, its a bully; you need go go fetch your big boy backbone and do something. Tell them to stop, screenshot and show staff, but just help others weaker than yourself.

I hope this helped! :)

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Wizard x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dynamite x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. imme

imme Well Known Member

./ch leave g

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

I don't like this thread, so I'm going to create a flame war.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tsukasa Kun

Tsukasa Kun Stars of the Forums

/ch argue

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

This is a good thread: Ill sticky it for ya.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Crystal33

Crystal33 Active Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

9. BC519

BC519 Active Member

/ignore (user) is the fastest way to end fights.

I wouldn't call it fighting. Maybe arguing or aggressively debating a point.
    Fighting to me insinuates physical contact.

But really, if you're getting into a pissing match on the internet, don't you think you might be the problem?
    Go take a walk.

10. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

Most of the time they are called fights because insult matches sometimes end with one person griefing the other.. Call it what you want.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Ninja Ninja x 1
  11. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

I am thinking that people are disagreeing based upon my point of view.. Either way, I have to agree with BC519 about fights being physical, but in all my experience, arguments usually ended in someone griefing or being a complete jerk to the other person from then on. And /ignore is nice to use. A wonderful friend. And notice I said "sometimes ends" this does not apply to all of you out there. When it does end that way, it can be called a fight. other times I guess it's an argument??? Or it's like Star Wars being an "Aggressive Negotiations" :crazyrabbit: Whatever sort of word you call it that floats your boat.

12. BC519

BC519 Active Member

The one who griefs is the one who lost.

They get temp ban'd. They lose all respect and honor.
    They flat out lose.

If you grief someone after a "fight" your arguments immediately become invalidated.

Fist fights around here usually end in shootings. The loser pulls the trigger.
    All it shows is that you can't take a loss like a man. Took the punk way out.

13. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

Thank you BC, that is what I am trying to get at. And the thread was to PREVENT it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Th31Guy37

Th31Guy37 Active Member

That's where I stopped (sadly I think I have an addiction with sarcasm)
    (Also I'm kidding don't kill me)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. CoolGirlRocks

CoolGirlRocks Member

no one has said anything in a bit but i want to say something 1 i wish i knew this last year or before then because i use to fight with my xbff all the time well then there is my siblings i fight with but 2 if i would i known this i would still have my old bff as my bff but now there is really nothing i can do cause she will not really talk to me but y'all dont care about that stuff i guess well anyway my point is if everyone knew this and did everything you said no one would fight anymore witch would be awesome, oh and this is the same point i am trying (kind of) to tell people on using my youtube channel i just hope one day i get my point out there like what you have done here somewhat, all tho everyone will not think the same way this is a good way to help make the world a better place! oh and if anyone wants to know my youtube let me know anyway that was all i wanted to say,