Killjoy213 Builder Application

Discussion in 'Builders' started by killjoy213, May 4, 2017.

?

How did you enjoy the build? Please vote here! :D

Poll closed May 18, 2017.
  1. Wazow! I think youse a cool cat builder!

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Whoa man, you could do with changin a few things to meet my expectations...

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. killjoy213

killjoy213 New Member

1. What is your ingame name? killjoy213
    2. What is your current Builder rank? I am currently a Novice Builder.
    3. Are you the only Builder on this project? Yes
    4. What are the coordinates to your project (Optionally /sw coordinates)? Are there any nearby nether portals? Overworld: (0,938); /sw: (0,117.25); I believe there is one nether portal on the other side of the mesa mountain, in a swamp.
    5. Post at least 2 pictures of your plot.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. killjoy213

killjoy213 New Member

Had an idea of a story to go with the build, but it's still in development in the ol noggin'. Will have something in the future for this! :)

3. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I voted no, and ill explain why.

In my opinion there just is not much to it. Not enough content or actual building done to it for me to feel right voting yes on a builder rank. The tree is a nice touch but really all there is here is a small cave with railway that goes nowhere and a path up to some chests and a nice tree and small pond.

Don't get me wrong it looks pleasant but there really isn't much building to it. It looks like maybe a half hour or less of time spent decorating a floating island.

• Like Like x 1
  4. killjoy213

killjoy213 New Member

It wasn't until a couple hours after submitting the project that I realized this might have been a problem: lack of content. I guess I had thought the actual island itself would qualify as building, but I was afraid terraforming would be disregarded in the process of judging. Thank you for your perspective, exa.

5. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

An example of something would be if you had expanded the island to be much bigger then added in proper ruins as well as an actual mine with ores and a railway that went deep into it. With a much larger floating island you could do so much more with it that is actual building and not just decorating an existing small island.

6. killjoy213

killjoy213 New Member

Wait, just to clear things up. You are aware that the island was built from scratch, right? There was an empty mass of air when I began the build, and it took me a lot longer than it would seem. In regards to the building suggestions, I appreciate the tips! :)

7. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

No, actually i wasn't. It has floating islands around it and looks similar in size to what generates naturally in a floating island biome. I apologize for thinking you just decorated an existing one, that is what it appears like.

Side note, you are now my 2,000th post ;) thanks! lol.

8. SimplyNova

SimplyNova Member

I voted yes, simply because it is a good start, but I would to see this built upon into something more.