Creative Lockette

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by Marshall, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

No idea how hard this would be to implement but I think we should add /lock to the creative server. You might be thinking right now that this sounds like the dumbest idea ever like "that is used to lock chests there is no point"

Well I happen to have a plot right at the spawn. I had to modify the guns so they didn't have levers as people would go and fill the dispensers with lava and water making a giant mess. I only go on the creative server every now and then and I still find people deciding to move doors on the bunk beds or moving the fence gates on my helicopter's steering wheel.

I find these things annoying. I know you cannot use chests on other peoples plots, is there a chance that you could make it so people couldn't use doors, dispensers, and levers possibly by just changing a config setting? If something could be done about this slight annoyance that would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. imme

imme Well Known Member

If lockette doesn't work out, you could try putting one of those invisible barriers around the helicopter

3. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

Very true, excellent idea I will do that if this won't work. :)

4. watkinni1

watkinni1 Active Member

people could always just /thru of /jump in

5. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

True, but that is less likely from designers and engineers then having random players that just joined doing it.

6. Juwn

Juwn Active Member

I second this would actually be a very good idea.

7. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I could see the use in this for creative even though I do not play on creative myself. Though I do question the request for lockette in regards to the means to do this. LWC would be far better on a creative environment to lock these items down without the need to have signs interfering with design. Its just my opinion but LWC>Lockette. The Only feature I ever found that lockette had that trumped LWC was the ability to create timed autoclosing doors.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Verlit

Verlit Active Member

Eh, why would people bother to do that - only noobs would be the one that'd want to touch the helicopter to annoy anyway and they probably wouldn't have access to //thru or even know what the command is! :) Hahaha

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Juwn

Juwn Active Member

He's right actually now you think about it, Marshall if you had to put a sign on everything it would really mess up your design