Creative Remove Nether Trapping

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by zekeieboy, May 2, 2015.

1. zekeieboy

zekeieboy Member

Not your fault at all! But let me get this straight to you. A thread u said a few days ago
    It won't be the end of the world. You can always do /plotme home. And if it takes you to spawn then you can be free! (Cause I'm free!)

When your trapped in a portal (You cannot do anything at all) Nothing until an OS frees you

2. Th31Guy37

Th31Guy37 Active Member

that has already been established

3. Sahib

Sahib Member

Well, I have a few ideas.
    1. Do not allow blocks around nether portals for a radius of x. Pretty much you can still use nether portals, but you can't place blocks around them (trap) for a certain radius.
    2. Nether portal alert. Whenever someone makes a nether portal, it should send an alert to an OS, and they can check if the nether portal is good or not. However, people could deceive them, so they can /v instead.
    3. Nether portal gap. Whenever a person makes a nether portal, there has to be a two block gap on one of the sides that they can't plug. It happens with all the nether portals made.
    4. Disable flint and steel on obsidian. In the same way you can use NBT tags to make certain things placeable only on certain blocks, I think with something similar you can make flint and steel work on other blocks, but not obsidian.
    5. History. If someone has nether trapped at least once, you can add them to a list, and the people on the list can no longer make nether portals.
    These are just my ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Juwn

Juwn Active Member

1) would work, I dont know how you're going to do this
    2) OS I think are with me when they say they're too busy. Also usually most OS are offline a large amount of time
    3) how're you going to do this??
    4) actually this might work
    5) how're you going to do this?
    6) the 5 second teleport would be eaisier to implement, however good ideas :)

5. Th31Guy37

Th31Guy37 Active Member

lots of these are very hard to make but these are all very good ideas, especially the history and gap