The Minecraft server is running on a temporary map at this time until plugins are updated to work with the new server version. Please note server rules are still in effect where they influence other users.
On with what’s new in the Minecraft Beta 1.2 update:
* New addition charcoal
* Note Blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
* 15 wool dyes
* A new passive water-dwelling mob (Squid), which drops the new item ink sac
* New tree types (Birch, Pine)
* Reeds retconned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
* A bunch of new crafting recipes
* One secret useful block (Dispenser)
* One secret pretty block (Lapis Lazuli)
* Sugar – Crafted from Sugar Cane
* Default furnaces given new look
* Bones added to the drop table, exclusively for skeleton archers.
* Bones can be crafted into Bone Meal.
* New gray, light gray, and black sheep. Drop correspondingly colored wool.
* Tools made out of wood, stone, iron, and possibly diamond have increased durability.
* Gold tools can remove blocks like stone and wood much more quickly than their diamond counterparts.
* Spiders can climb up walls.
* Mob Spawners again show a rotating model inside of what they spawn in single player.
* Wheat Seeds might be harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.
* Included the FastRender mod by Scaevolus
* Screenshots can be taken using the F2 key without having to first hold down the F1 key.
* Iron, diamond, and coal are found in larger amounts in caves.
* Paintings work in multiplayer
* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
* Included PowerPC color and audio fixes by Scaevolus.
* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
* Falling sand behaves better in SMP
* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs
* Jack-O-Lantern now has correct tooltip.
* Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit in SMP.