Well Minecraft v1.5 Beta has been rolled out this afternoon, so far it seems good with no show stopping early update bugs to report. Minecraft Server has been updated to the latest server version to support the new beta v1.5 client, you can expect a temporary map until Bukkit and key protection plugins are updated, this I expect to be soon as the Bukkit dev team seem to be on the ball with each new release. Quotes from the man himself below as to the changes that you have to look forward to in this update!
* Weather (rain, snow, thunder)
* Detector rail
* Booster rail
* Performance improvements
More statistics and achievements will be added over time as we develop the game. They’re only stored locally at the moment, but we’ll slowly be rolling out online storing of achievements over time.
Update In Detail:
- Added Weather (rain, snow, thunder)
- Added Statistics and Achievements
- New Items (Detector rail, Power Rail, Birch and Spruce Saplings)
- Holding SHIFT+Click on something in a chest will immediately drag the selected item(s) into your inventory and vice-versa.
- Birch and Spruce trees now drop Birch and Spruce saplings, respectively
- Performance improvements
- Crafting a ladder now produces 2 ladders
- If a lightning hits a pig, it becomes a Zombie Pigman
- A pig set on fire will drop cooked porkchops.
- New settings in options:
- Ability to change GUI size (Small, Normal, Large, Auto)
- Advanced OpenGL (For higher-end graphics cards)
- Climbing a ladder with gaps will not work anymore, but moving downwards is still possible.
- On fancy graphics, the sides of grass blocks are now biome-specific and match the shade on the top.
- You can now move through flowing water at previous speed.
- Wolves have a better understanding of doors. (Wolves can go through double doors most of the time but they might still get trapped.)
- The lighting on portals and ice has been fixed (previously had triangles on the blocks) when using Smooth Lighting.