The latest Minecraft client update is now available for download. This update is a much needed bug fix release, correcting many issues present in the recent v1.6 series of releases, it also includes some gameplay changes.
* Added a new use for bonemeal.
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it.
* Made glowstone drop more loot.
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2×2 instead of 3×3).
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again.
* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP.
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground.
* Boats float up to the surface quicker.
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast.
* Removed Herobrine.