$The Prices of Goods$

Discussion in 'Minecraft Server Tutorials' started by Villa7, May 8, 2012.

1. Villa7

Villa7 Active Member

I have seen a lot of comments such as "How much is [valuable item here] worth?"
    This will help those people.
    BUT - I will need all of your help. Please post replies telling the prices of various things in game. My goal is to make a complete price list.

Blocks
    Basics:
    Dirt ............................. 1 gold per 2 stacks ------------------ Cobblestone ...................................... 1 gold per 5 stacks
    Stone ......................... 1 gold per 1 stacks ------------------ Stone Brick ........................................ 1 gold per 1 stacks
    Log ............................ 2 gold per 1 stacks ------------------ Planks ................................................ 1 gold per 2 stacks
    Glass ......................... 1 gold per .5 stacks ---------------- Glass Panes .................................... 1 gold per 6-8 stacks
    Grass ......................... 1 gold per 10 blocks --------------- Mycellium ........................................... 1 gold per 7 blocks
    Leaf ............................ 1 gold per 10 stacks
    Ores:
    Coal Ore .................... 1 gold per 15 blocks --------------- Iron ore ............................................. 1 gold per 11 blocks
    Gold Ore .................... 1 gold per 1 blocks ---------------- Redstone Ore .....................................1 gold per 10 blocks
    Diamond Ore ........ 5 to 7 gold per 1 block
    Specials:
    Iron Block ...................0.9 gold per 1 block ------------------ Gold block ......................................... 9 gold per 1 block
    Diamond Block ...........18 gold per 1 block ------------------- Mossy Stone Brick ....................... >= 5 gold per 1 stack
    Cracked Stone Brick ..>= 5 gold per 1 stack-----------------
    -------------------------------------------------------Credits-----------------------------------------------------------​
    Ohman16
    Theminecrafter3
    Exavious

Edit:
    Prices are not accurate. Price updating would require changes every minute. As such - This is discontinued.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Not really an accurate list to be honest. Prices always go up and down depending on supply and demand. Having a set list of what an item is worth wont really work. Its all about supply and demand. Glass sells for a lot more than that and have no idea where you got the estimate for diamond ore block because they sell for about 3-4 times that. Stone and stone brick are cheaper and iron blocks sell for less. But again prices always change so who knows 1 week from now.

3. Villa7

Villa7 Active Member

I realized this, and was trying to think of a way to remedy that... Although I came up with no reasonable answer, other than maybe having it so that anyone can edit this. Not sure if thats possible, though.
    However, I will try to keep this leep somewhat updated.
    More stuff will be added once I get a chance to check the market prices.

4. Rich

Rich Active Member

Those prices are a little off, and for Mossy and Cracked bricks go for about 5 and above a stack. I love my mossy and cracked :D

5. Brayneeah360

Brayneeah360 Well Known Member

dirt more expensive than cobble? are you mad?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ohman16

ohman16 Active Member

diamond ore is usually priced around 5-7g

7. Rich

Rich Active Member

I was here before u haha so random. I was here but I was also never here 0_0

8. Villa7

Villa7 Active Member

No, dirt really is more expensive than cobble. There are no such things as automatic dirt generators, aand there is less dirt than stone on any given map other than a flatlands map.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hail_a3

Hail_a3 Stars of the Forums

Not the point villa. Dirt is near-useless to most people (except that rare case of someone building a farm or doing landscaping). I just got done with major build and used close to 200 stacks of Stone Brick. Used up all of my cobble supply (which wasn't large to begin with because of my town). How much dirt was used? -23 stacks. Yes. Negative 23. I flattened the area and had a stockpile left over. Rarity plays a very small part in pricing. While some items are SUPER rare (and warrant high prices), like Disk 11 before the creeper deal, dirt is not "rare" at all. Maybe there is a less quantity of it than cobble, but it is used much less frequent to boot! Thus the price should be no more than three-quarters of what cobble costs in this market. Tip: if you want to make money, go into wool! People buy up white, black, red, and blue wool (maybe even the greys, too, sometimes). My normal price is 32 per gold for white and 16 per gold for color, but I've doubled (even tripled once to test it) that price and it still sells out. StoneBrick will always sell. Logs are the major thing right now. I have 400 gold budgeted towards future building and I would drop 250g for 2 double chests full of both Dark and Regular logs in a heartbeat. Brick Blocks are another hot item, as well as glowstone. The key is to sell things require labor to get. People don't want to spend gold on something they can get themselves with ease. They spend gold on the more complex stuff that takes time to build/get (ie records, gunpowder, pistons, signs(stacked), fences, anything that requires smelting, etc). Point is, you want to make money. The best way to do that is to invest your time doing what nobody else wants to do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

In minecraft your selling convenience not goods. Anyone can go out and collect materials at any time they want. What your selling is their time. They can buy that stuff from you and not have to spend their play time gathering it. Thats really what it all comes down to.

11. scotch222

scotch222 Well Known Member

Is that not what every market is based on? Money is just a medium for trading, it has no use other than that (well you can make close-to-useless tools).

12. Brayneeah360

true, very true.

13. Hail_a3

Hail_a3 Stars of the Forums

BUT we were discussing the whole "dirt v cobble" issue. Point is, those won't be your money makers because they don't follow ^that^ rule of thumb.

14. Brayneeah360

well, i do buy cobble occasionally so i can build my hotel bigger...