The Future Of MINECRAFTSERVER.COM And It's Media

Discussion in 'Videos' started by PoorPeter, Nov 24, 2013.

?

Would you like to see some sort of series going on about theminecraftserver.com?

1. Yes.

25.0%
  2. No.

6.3%
  3. Yes, and I would gladly participate.

68.8%
  4. No, go point that camera somewhere else.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PoorPeter

PoorPeter New Member

Hello Everyone!

PoorPeter here. I figured it might be a good idea to get a thread started. First off, hopefully everyone that went into hibernation playing GTA V, anticipating their next generation console with a bag of Munchies(tm) and five 2L bottles of Mt.Dew, or wasting their time working on getting an education to further their success and satisfaction in life...I had better see you on this server. The huge overall success and longtime nostalgic history of this server cannot be overruled by laziness or children. Yes, that means I must give my daughter up for adoption to a Russian couple, but the cost is too high to not play. (If anyone of you are taking me seriously in any way, please, go put a helmet on) For those of you who in this past year I was scarcely on to meet, hello. Nice to meet you. For those of you whom I know and have met, no one cares, you are an old fart, I will see you again I am certain. Now. Un-pleasantries and formal introductions out of the way. To the overall topic of this discussion. I will attempt to be concise and organized.

1. I am extremely excited to read the post (linked here ->http://www.minecraftserver.com/forum/threads/whats-going-on.12589/#post-89825) that stanky made detailing the new map and server mechanics, primarily the post about putting new server media on the table and casting it in a new light. I, personally, (and I know a good deal of others on this server) truly miss the excitement that came with chronicling the exciting events and history of the BlackReaver's community. If a picture is worth a thousand words, than a video, being a massive conglomeration of pictures one after the other must be uncomprehendingly moreso. Everyone loves being able to post a good screenshot of the old days, and look at our handiwork in a flat, pixel-ised format. But sometimes, a simple screenie just doesnt do the trick, and the insurmountable amount of creative ways one may direct, shoot, act, or other wise record events and machinimas, conversations and personalities, lore and hearsay, battles or epics is simply awe-inspiring. Each individual would do it in some different manner, and the beauty lies in the ingenuity, or simplistic linear concepts that one might create. So, in other words, I am excited.

2. I would love to hear feedback about the idea of chronicling the events of this map passing on to a shiny new BR6 map. So many ideas have crossed my minds, and in the years past, I have attempted to record in some fashion what it is, and the excitement of moving forward in videos, but I think one well put together, grand and exciting video sometimes may suffice. Either way, it might be an interesting idea to host some sort of friendly competition to create some sort of video about the passing or re-birthing of our world. If you think something like this may be a good idea, or that we would have enough participants, or at the least, interest in it, please express that interest and enthusiasm below so that we may the fuel the spark to start the fire to fan the flames...etc..etc... I would lobby for it if enough people liked the idea basically.

3. Moving forward with some exciting new tools I have available to me today (new super-duper software, my new processing beast of a machine, new enthusiasm and ideas...etc..) I am ready to start making new videos. It has become a passion to me over the years, and I would like to occupy my free time with things i enjoy doing greatly once again. So I have been thinking about new series ideas, and real server ideas concerning videos posted to my YouTube channel. If you might have an idea you think I may profit from, please do not hesitate to let me know, I love different ideas, and I am seriously looking for something fun to take on and tackle.

4. Fourthly, I just literally remembered the "SERVER SPOTLIGHT" theme I used to have going, and I think that it is actually a great idea, either as a supplement to episodes, or even as episodes themselves. So, if you have any comments or questions about this specifically, please do.

5. Lastly, I hope everyone has a great beginning to the holiday season, and that our server community takes a turn for the better. Great job everyone, Admins, Nat, Mods, members, etc. Let's make this a year that we won't want to forget ;]

• Like Like x 9
  2. jokerr77

jokerr77 Active Member

This sounds *high pitched voice* amaaaazing! :D If you need any help, gimmie a shout. I'll gladly help you with your series!

3. Squidword

Squidword Active Member

I would also like to participate

4. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

This seems like a really good idea! I would gladly participate.
    Hope this will work out for you Peter! Have a good day! :)

5. PoorPeter

PoorPeter New Member

Glad to hear it Squidword and Bobos! ;]

6. TCIndiana

TCIndiana Active Member

I would definitely be interested in some kind of series, and I would gladly participate whenever I happen to be online. As I've said before It's good to see you back and making vids again :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MangoGirl

MangoGirl Member

Sounds all awesome Peter! I will gladly participate and help you in any way possible :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. edsta024

edsta024 Active Member

Lets do this! I know we have some talented people that have done videos before. I have wanted to get into making more myself but I need to get a bit more powerful PC to do the quality I would really like to do.