Stranded Deep (on Steam)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by carson378, Jan 28, 2015.

1. carson378

carson378 Active Member

New game to steam, it IS a pre-release, however it is AMAZING. 15$ and worth at least twice that. This game has great scenery and graphics, I have a potato computer and with low settings and windowed mode can still enjoy it to a great extent.
    The objective is to survive as best as you can on a remote island, you were stranded there after a plane crash.
    You can chop trees, kill crabs, fish, and sharks, collect coconuts and food, make fires, make shelters, rafts, travel the ocean, loot crashed ships, survive the traps set in the ships, steer clear of sharks, and find more remote islands, etc. This game is endless fun, and better yet, NO ZOMBIES.
    Yes thats right, AT LAST we can have a survival game that doesn't have a horror game catch.

No kind of "Survive as best as you can... UNTIL NIGHTFALL COMES" or anything of the sort. This is simple survival. Your primary enemy is your own lack of resources.
    You start off with a lighter, pocket knife, and water bottle.
    Some links to pics: http://stranded-deep.ru/imgpages/island3.jpg
    https://beamteamgames.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/crafting.png

If anyone wants to preview this game, add me in steam and message me. I will start playing it and you can view it on the steam feed, username is: =(eG)= Carson378

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. carson378

carson378 Active Member

Remember, it is a pre-release, there are plenty of updates to come.

3. carson378

carson378 Active Member

Just found wollie :D

Attached Files:

4. Faddyj

Faddyj Member

WIIIIILSOOOOON

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

I have a saying when I think of buying early access games...
    Don't

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. carson378

carson378 Active Member

I personally think this should be an exception. This game is extremely well made especially for being in Alpha, what you are doing bye buying it before the final release is showing that you support the creation of the game, helping fund the game being built, and testing it. The game is all together amazing, it would be nice to see it get support.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Faddyj

Faddyj Member

8. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

What is said about every shit early acces game ever. Especially if it's so similar to other early acces games i can't take it seriously. It's not a mc clone but it's definitly not unique.

My checklist for even considering buying early acces games:
    - Is it being updated regularly?
    - Do the devs care about the game?
    - Is it unique?
    - Does it look like it will ever be finished?

Now admittidly i do own overgrowth that will be finished in like 2017 or something, but apart from being updated regularly it does have everything else in spades. Can't say that for this.

9. carson378

carson378 Active Member

As for your checklist, it IS being updated regularly, 2 updates in the past 4 days to be exact. The devs definitely care about the game as they have shown in leaps and bounds, the game is expected to be done in late 2015, and what makes it not unique?

This is definitely a case of "Don't knock it till you try it".

10. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

Early acces survival where you are shipwrecked on an island? Hmm, yes very unigue i certaintly agree, yep definatly...

11. carson378

carson378 Active Member

So there is one thing from your list that MIGHT not be up to par, and it is originality. Yet you base the games originality on the scenario? So is every first person shooter the same thing? Is every maze game the same? Every Strategy game? Is Dayz the same as black ops zombies because they both are zombie survival games?

Base the game on its gameplay, not the scenario you are placed in.

12. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

Fine then, scrap that. But it's still an early acces game and it's really not that outstanding to make it worth picking up for me right now. I might have a look if/when it's finished, or at least at the point in development when it's pretty much guaranteed to come out fully. I got to say though, from that trailer it does look pretty interresting. If it's released before just cause 3 or mount and blade bannerlord (because those will take up all of my free time :D )i'll hopefully remember to have a look.