Creative Serious Glitches

Discussion in 'Creative Server Chat' started by Pinecone, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Pinecone

Pinecone Active Member

Okay so I was at a random plot when suddenly these massively glitchy effects occurred. Can anyone explain these?

NOTE: No, these aren't faked. I actually saw these bugs.
    NOTE 2: I didn't know where to put this, so I put it here. If this thread belongs somewhere else, then feel free to move it.
    YET ANOTHER NOTE: This isn't a complaint, it's just a glitchy effect that I would like to point out. I have no criticism for the server or the owner of the plot.
    FINALLY, THE LAST NOTE: These are the effects that I was seeing, Xar.
    2015-02-21_17.20.11.png 2015-02-21_17.22.48.png 2015-02-21_17.23.02.png 2015-02-21_17.24.12.png 2015-02-21_17.27.39.png

2. Thatguy5600

Thatguy5600 Survival Staff

Is your minecraft updated to the latest version?

3. Pinecone

Pinecone Active Member

Well, never mind just the plot being broken. I went to my plot and it was entirely broken too.
    Yes, however I'm not using the latest installer. That might be the issue. I'm restarting my game now.

4. Thatguy5600

Thatguy5600 Survival Staff

Yeah, update to the latest installer. That should fix the issue.

5. Pinecone

Pinecone Active Member

I restarted my game, and the game itself ran perfectly. However, the window containing Minecraft was extremely unusual and glitchy. I'm not going to complain, but it's just... odd.

6. Aqua

Aqua Overseer

2 things:
    1) Dont use the minecraft installer
    2) Updated your gfx drivers

Its clientsided issues, Mojang has more use of these screenshots ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pinecone

Pinecone Active Member

Okay, I've encountered the glitch again, but this time I experimented with it a bit. Here's what seems to cause it:
    Having my render distance above 5 chunks while VBOs is off.

Having my render distance on different settings tend to affect different areas of the world. (Example: Render distance on 7 chunks makes the glitch occur more to the right of where having the render distance on 6 would be buggy.)

Finally, the glitch is only visual. Blocks disappear and reappear at random. The blocks that appear during the glitch can be walked through, and act like air blocks or whatever block was normally in that place, like a "ghost block." The regular landscape seems to be intact, but very visually bugged.

I'm not a computer genius so if you have any idea what the cause might be, then reply.