Official Closing Of Minecraftserver.com Minecraft Server - Fake News

Discussion in 'News / Server Information' started by BSPiotr_backup, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Death_Witch

Death_Witch Survival Staff

Very Nice Lego :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I would be lying if I said I was surprised this happened, MCS has been dying for a long time now and I think everyone saw this coming. It still saddens me greatly to see it "officially" die though as I really was hoping for a revival and for MCS to come back to life. Who knows.. maybe someday it still will :) if Natbyte gets interested in this again sometime down the road.

I have many great memories here and made quite a few very good friends and acquaintances along the way as well as meeting my now Wife (Dettles) on this server. MCS is where I first started playing minecraft, I built many fun and interesting things, spent many years serving as Staff and helping out, played on many maps, and was witness the both the high points and low points of this server.

I really would like to thank each and every one of you for the great times I had here, it would not have been the same without you. Also want to thank you Natbyte for creating this server and keeping it up this long, even so long after you stopped playing and being active and disappeared out of sight for years I know you didn't have to do that and I appreciate it. And thank you current admins for keeping the pieces together for as long as you could.. I know it probably wasn't easy or motivating, it would not have lasted half as long as it did without you there to hold it up and keep it going.

I know I haven't been active lately and I am sorry, just have no motivation to play on a dead server if we are being honest, but I truly hope to see some of you around on our journeys through Minecraft. Perhaps on another server I play on or even other games. You can contact me through steam, name is the same :) "Exavious" and there should still be a link down below this post as well.

I truly wish you all the very best in life.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. ItsBuffalo

ItsBuffalo Active Member

God speed

• Like Like x 1
  4. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

It's been awesome to meet so many awesome people over the years. I've made some pretty dope friends because of this server and I'm super thankful for that. I hope everyone finds their path in life! <3 It's been good.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Dannylb

Dannylb Well Known Member

Cheers for the memories, boys and girls.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. BSPiotr_backup

BSPiotr_backup Overseer

A shrew told me that the forums are staying up. Will reflect this in the OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

Firstly let me say thanks to everyone who posted in this tread, your comments really warmed my heart, and I know this sounds coy, but I have and do look back with very fond memories of building and creating the original server and subsequent public servers the staff and I created and released to all you players.

I remember when it all started many years ago having a small LAN server for just myself and my wife to play on, this slowly expanded to friends, and then eventually becoming public for all to play on.......and thus the many challenges of running a public Minecraft server were bestowed on me ;)

After some soul searching and contemplation I have decided to keep a nearly 'vanilla' Minecraft server here for all to play on, I have significantly downsized the server hardware and as such a much less powerful machine in terms of energy consumption footprint and physical resources, however it has 32gb of memory, 2tb of storage, and a nice Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 CPU boosting to a nippy 3.9ghz when needed.

So if you wish to enjoy some Minecraft 1.13 feel free to stop by, it's the usual address of minecraftserver.com in your client!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Death_Witch

Death_Witch Survival Staff

Many thanks to you Natbyte, for all your time and effort in giving us this server,
    I hope all have fun,
    See you all in game :)

DW

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. jojo2o2

jojo2o2 Active Member

I know I'm a little late to the party but I just remembered about this old place and thought I'd stop in and see how the old bird was doing. It breaks my heart seeing the final closures. I know I was the opposite to a gift to this server, as I decided that I'd join a community like this before even maturing, and we saw the effects of that with me being known as a particularly annoying character. Since then I've grown up and looking back at all my old posts brings smiles of joy and cringe to my face. But all I remember from this server were great times, staff who genuinely cared about their community, active members who always brought entertainment to everyone, and I recall just loving all my time spent here, even though I did attention seek many a time and took advantage of people here in multiple ways in dumber and dumber ways, I still miss the old days of bringing all hell to the forums. Natbyte I know we never saw eye to eye, as my eye was ever on myself, but you were an amazing person who ran a truly beautiful community, I thank you for everything you gave up for this server, and wish you great luck in your future endeavors, you are a great man.

-Your old annoyance

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. TCIndiana

TCIndiana Active Member

Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming, honestly I am saddened but before I quit playing I could see that this may have been coming...

This server was the first I ever joined way back in the 1.7.3 alpha just prior to the 1.8 alpha update, had so many good times. Thanks for the memories!

I see on discord Nat has the "vanilla-lite" server up, might pop in and say hi if anyone's around to say hi to.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Jesse_Landrum

Jesse_Landrum Active Member

I stopped playing a while ago but I had some really special times on here, thanks for keeping it alive as long as you did.

• Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  12. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

It resurrected in a more vanilla like fashion, come back! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

We have a Reddit sub for current/past players to connect, share stories and update everyone on how their lives are going... https://www.reddit.com/r/blackreaver/

I've been on a lot more lately, turns out that I like a vanilla server. Less stuff to worry about more more time to explore, be social, build...

• Agree Agree x 1