Creative Neat Builds!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by eightnine, Mar 31, 2014.

1. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Hey, everyone. So I was thinking that I'd like to create little videos to kind of give a quick look at some of the neat builds that I've stumbled over on our servers. I'd like to keep exploring and finding more to share with you folks. I think it's a nice way to give some exposure to builds that may have gone unseen otherwise and kind of show off the amazing things some people can pull off with blocks! Anyway, in the spoiler is a little bit of what I thought about each of the builds in the video. What do you think about them? Discuss! I hope you enjoy it! :)

Show Spoiler

Bobos193
    I really liked the detail that Bobos193 put into the exterior of the building. The stones and lighting were well done. I like how this is located next to a little paradise on the water. It feels very calm and relaxing.
    Cachoza
    I thought that this looked neat and would have made an awesome entrance to a mine. I liked the details in the floor a lot.
    Midnightcat1
    I was wonderfully impressed by this tree! Using heads as apples hanging from the branches was an absoluteley brilliant idea and really made it pop.
    TcIndiana
    TcIndiana did a great job on this build! I found it very pleaseing to look at.
    Tomass
    I was bummed to see that this wasn't finished because it definitely is an excellent project, in my opinion. The level of detail is wonderful and the design is great. It's pretty cool!
    LeagueofJohn_C
    I loved this plot. Every little bit of it. I see a lot of plots that just have one thing built on them. But the builder/s of this plot just said "Nah, it can fit more awesome in it!" and went with it. I mean, there's a Mario mural that flows into Space Invaders, Troll Face, Batman and a Dalek just on the outside. It just feels like a very creative and fun plot.

Great work on these builds! I loved them all. Thanks, everyone! Want to see some more neat things? Let me know! I would like to keep doing them.

(I've listed the owner of the plot. I know the owner may or may not have been the creator of the plots' content.)

Neat Builds #02

SkippyDinga's Spawn 2.0

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

All of them are on creative aren't they?

3. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

I suggest you look at /p h:2 shadow113
    ^$^

4. Th31Guy37

Th31Guy37 Active Member

Amazing video, I loved it.

5. Pinecone

Pinecone Active Member

Just something to put out there, the person who made the tree was flubbyfluffer, not Midnightcat1.

6. bobos193

bobos193 Active Member

The little paradise on the water is also my build. Those are my first two plots I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Yes, this batch was on the creative server.

Yea, I think Midnightcat1 told me that before, but I put in the name of the plot owner so others could get to it. Thanks for updating the builder info!

I love your builds! You're good at it. Hope to see more!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

Awesome great video well done!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Th31Guy37

Th31Guy37 Active Member

eightnine, could you tell me the texture pack? I'm dying to know what it is.

10. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Thanks, folks. I'm glad you like the video!

Today, I have another video for you. Neat Builds #02. In the spoiler, I've written a little bit of what I think about them, if you're interested. :p

Show Spoiler

Tsukasakun
    Haha. For some reason, I thought this build was a little bit on the funny side. I like the crying sheep and the Solid Snake character. Well done. It was built on the survival server and used for his Architect application, I believe. Lovely.

Sunman112
    I don't think he ever got around to finishing this build and that's a shame. It's incredibly awesome. The different textures and shapes and materials used in this all work well together. The shadows, the lighting- I loved it! Too often, we see castles that are empty on the inside with flat vertical walls on the outside. This feels like it has been lived in. Built for survival. Great work.

Piyomori
    I've seen countless statues of Minecraft players on the creative server. Some of them have maybe a hat or headphones on them, but this is the first one that felt alive! I mean, look at those wings! Look at that hair! Amazing stuff, I think. Creative server build.

Shamainy
    Isn't this an awesome fountain?! I wish we could transplant it into the new map somewhere. I just love it. Really nice to look at. Survival build.

TheSnowTemplar
    Amazing! The details! Everything! I can't imagine how long it took to finish this build. Gathering all the materials must have taken forever to even get this thing started. It's a lovely build. The central tower is my favorite part. Built on Survival.

H41L57473 / Tsukasakun
    I forget who built what when it comes to their joint region, but all the builds in that area are super neat looking. This one has a fantastic interior space. Well done. Survival.

H41L57473 / Tsukasakun
    Another one! I just thought this one was fantastic, too. That main entrance hall was super neat looking. Loved it!

The texture pack that I use is Chroma Hills.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

I really forward to seeing all architect / designer builds in vids like this

12. Squidword

Squidword Active Member

Those builds are so cool!

13. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

If you ever come across neat looking builds on any of the servers, please let me know! There's a good chance that myself and others haven't seen them and I'd like to share them with everyone. :)

14. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

On creative the designer plots donated to the server are /p h server

15. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Check out SkippyDinga's Architect build - Spawn 2.0!
    You can see his architect rank application by clicking here.

I wanted to test out doing something like a one video to one build type of thing. I'm also exploring a format for the videos to follow. What do you guys think? As always, post any suggestions on how to make them better or ideas for new videos. :) Thanks!

And thanks, Mndude323! Super helpful!

16. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

I like this video over all. As you are still working on your format ill give you some ideas some of these ideas may be totally up the wall.

• A intro clip for all your "Neat Builds" videos so that you get some sort of brand name.
    • Try to get the right speed in the clip, this one was a tiny bit slow , how ever the music really matched the speed.
    • Show best details a little bit extra.
    • The ending clip with Natbyte as a zombie is a good start, a bit more fine tuneing it and it should be perfect

17. bgray1111

bgray1111 Member

Uh just wanted to say that on the second one, midnightcat1's the was made by flubbyfluffer. You should check out some of her builds. But overall it is a nice build.

18. Th31Guy37

Th31Guy37 Active Member

Flashbackkkkkk
    You are too late on that, bgray, eightnine knows already

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bgray1111

bgray1111 Member