Minecraft: Story Mode!

Discussion in 'News / Server Information' started by FillWerrel, Dec 19, 2014.

1. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

minecraft_storymode_logo.png

This week Mojang has announced that they will be teaming up with Telltale Games, makers of hit games such as Tales From The Borderlands, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and many others to create Minecraft: Story Mode! This is not an addition to the game Minecraft, but rather a sequel. Let us look at what this exciting announcement will bring us in 2015!

Mojang has announced the following details:
    • Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
    • Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
    • The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
    • Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
    • We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
    • The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It was a joke.
    Can't wait until 2015 to get playing? This announcement game should keep you busy until then!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hermit

Hermit Member

Oh yeah, I saw that. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
    Also, info quest 2 is hilarious.

3. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

since telltale is doing it it will probably be great

4. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

Looks very interesting, TellTale Games are a good developer to team up with I am interested to see what they produce.

#4 Natbyte, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  5. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

I'm someone who's never really been interested in point and click adventure games until Telltale did it, really good stories, and really fun games. I'm kinda questioning how they plan on doing this, but it's them. Who knows.