Minecraft Server's Future

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Gamer, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Now I bet you're thinking when you read the title: "Why the f**k does this thread exist?" Well, it exists because I am curious of what you guys think what this server will be like in 5 - 10 years, "Whoa hold up! 10 Years?!" Yes, 5 - 10 years. 10 years may seem a hell of a long time, but that makes me even MORE curious.

What I wonder the most is, who will join and become an active member? Which well-known players will leave? How many more new maps will there be (on survival)? Will PVP, Skyblock, and/or Hardcore no longer be around? Will any OS retire/resign? Will natbyte still be the owner? Etc.

Also I would add a poll but I can't think of any questions for it. :p

2. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Also sorry if the title was a bit misleading, couldn't think of any other names.

3. SkillzAR

SkillzAR Member

all the creative nubs will have matured (maybe)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

If I could, I would rate it "funny" and "agree" but I only get 1 choice, so I'm going with "agree".

5. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

To be completely honest I would be surprised if this server was still running 10 years from now. A lot could happen in 10 years, both in Nat's life and in Minecraft.

I honestly see microsoft trying to take over the multiplayer side of MC at some point to get more cash out of the 2.5 billion dollar investment they made. I wouldn't be shocked to see monthly subs to play on professionally run mega servers and severe restrictions on servers as well as reprimands on servers breaking the EULA. Or they could lay framwork down for their own hosting of servers where people had to pay them to run a server in some way.

Who knows what could happen in 10 years, minecraft could even die down in popularity and be overrun by the next big thing. Or it could thrive and be so much more. Only thing I know is, nothing lasts forever. Change is inevitable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Well if that's the case then how much longer do you think this server is going to last?

#6 Gamer, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  7. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

I can probably confirm to you in 10 years (maybe even 5) if Minecraft is still a thing and the server is still free from Microsoft's future attempt to take our money, the entire community will probably be replaced.

8. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

After Minecraft has become this rich and popular? Why would Microsoft want to take our money when they already have Xbox?

9. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Because companies like money? I don't want to argue further, but no company as big as Microsoft will ever stop wanting more money.

10. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Of course, because companies like Microsoft don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.