Mario Kart Wii (wi-fi Connection?!)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Verlit, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Verlit

Verlit Active Member

A lot of you who have played Mario Kart on the Wii would know that on May 20th in 2014, Nintendo had killed off Wi-Fi connection for both the Wii and DS so we no longer can use WFC...

What if I told you there was still a way... Now some of you may know this but others may not so just bare with me. If you have CTGP Revolution already, my Friend Code is 5156-5963-6930 and I'll be able to connect on Saturday the 16th of July because I only did this yesterday but known about it a while and it does take 7 days for automated approval for WFC as soon as you've installed it.

Alright so if you would like to challenge people online again but also have the ability to race on over 100 custom tracks, please keep reading...

You will need:
    • An SD card (preferably over 1GB)
    • An original Mario Kart Wii disk (NOT hacked)
    • A Nintendo Wii
    • A computer with an SD card port
    I think that'll do, simple!

Now this is simple as well - it took me 2 hours last night because I had no idea what I was doing but I'm going to simplify this to save time and make it very efficient for you to start as soon as possible.

First you will need the Homebrew channel and this is how to get it installed onto your Nintendo Wii:

1. On your Nintendo Wii, go to Wii Options > Wii Settings > Internet > Console Information - it'll show your MAC Address which is what you need to make an exploit using Letterbomb - write it down.
    2. Go to http://please.hackmii.com/ and put in your MAC code you wrote down, make sure you click version 4.3U (if you're from the US), 4.3E (European countries including UK, Australia, NZ), 4.3J (if you're in Japan) or 4.3K (if you're Korean) - it should automatically be set varying on where you are geographically anyway. Click either "cut the red wire" or "cut the blue wire" - it is just a joke so both are optional and either one will let you save the exploit you need for the Homebrew channel.
    3. Extract the exploit to a folder if it hasn't been already, copy all of the files in it and paste it to the SD card (format the SD card to a FAT32 before you paste if it isn't already).
    4. Eject the SD card and put it into the Wii, turn it on and go to the message board and find the exploit, once you've found it, click it, wait... ...click continue > install the homebrew channel > yes, continue > BootMii > install BootMii as boot2/IOS (if you install on IOS, it will install onto the SD card) Then after that, click continue > return to the main menu > exit.

After you have the Homebrew channel on your Nintendo Wii, download Wiimmifi and CTGP (Custom Track Grand Prix) Revolution onto your SD card that you previously used for the Homebrew channel.

Download Wiimmiffi:

http://chadsoft.co.uk/downloads/autow...
    (The download will take up to 20 minutes. Once complete, place on your SD card).

Download CTGP Revolution:
    https://mega.nz/#!tFdSWRBR!F_479hqtlDqbHgwchAD5r0OlGFOT5qEQ4R4US3KJ5hY
    (Place on your SD card)

Once complete, place the SD card back into your Nintendo Wii and go to the Homebrew channel. You will see the CTGP app and the Wiimmifi app that you have installed - make sure you just click on the CTGP app and agree to the terms of service and rules. Once that is done, you can start your game and enjoy the many custom tracks CTGP Revolution offers. Remember; Wiimmifi is just there so you are able to connect online with CTGP Revolution but you'll have to wait exactly 7 days after installation to go online as mentioned previously.

I hope this helps and i hope I made things clear because it really does suck that Nintendo pulled the plug on WFC... Anywho, let me know your Friend Code if you get it working because Mario Kart is always better not just online but with custom tracks!! :)

Any questions? Let me know - happy karting!

#1 Verlit, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DeadLocked

DeadLocked Active Member

What did I read, why'd I read it, and why can I not fall asleep

3. IllusionIte_

IllusionIte_ Active Member

i want it, but my brain blew up halfway through

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. IllusionIte_

am i the only one that likes Mario Kart 8? I don't know a single person that likes it so far.

5. Verlit

Verlit Active Member

I'm sorry. :( It really is simple though and that's coming from me. I'm not the brightest one out there, it looks hard but it really isn't.

6. Verlit

Verlit Active Member

And I've never played it - I much prefer the Wii version despite how old it is.

7. Verlit

Verlit Active Member

You didn't have to read it if it didn't interest you, my apologies.

8. IllusionIte_

knowing that people made custom mario kart races impresses me, it makes me want to play, but i suck with technology

9. Verlit

Verlit Active Member

It really is simple - if you'd like, I can go on TeamViewer and help you do it step by step.