Creative Help with Builds

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by PickachuKrew, Apr 5, 2013.

?

Do you think that Creative Build Contests should be built by one person?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Based on how many work on it

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Why not Zoidburg?

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. PickachuKrew

PickachuKrew Active Member

I don't know why I really felt the need to make this thread, but I have a single suggestion for the rules of future contests.

It came to my attention that people co-build with eachother, although I feel that a contest should be based on one's creativity. I just think that a build with tons of detail should either be judged based on how many people worked on it, or just in general one person builds it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

I feel 1-3 people can work on a project for this contest. After that, it becomes less of one person's idea being put together faster and better and more of a total group plan and project.

3. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

I don't mind people co building and here are some reasons why.
    • I want the contest rules to be simple and fun . More advanced rules create more "paper work"
    • A build does not have to get better if 5 players are building compared to 2 players
    There are also downsides to sharing a build.
    • Only the person who submitted the build may vote.
    • How do you divide the price money (This may trigger a conflict)
    • Say 10 people help build the winning build and the money is split evenly. Then you only have 2K/ person thus hardly worth the effort. If they got last place they would only get 500 ed each

4. PickachuKrew

PickachuKrew Active Member

Well, my only issue would be that the creativity decreases with the more that work on it. In similarity to what bajj said, maybe put a limit of 1-3 people on a build.

5. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

I can agree to that part of the statement, It is also harder to make something really good in a group larger than 2 or 3. So I belive that the problem will sort itself out anyhow.

• Like Like x 1