Five Nights At Freddy's 3

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Gamer, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Ladies and gentlemen, Five Night's At Freddy's 3 has indeed come out. I don't know how but Scott Cawthon can make these games really fast, so without further ado, here is the story/summary:
    Thirty years after Freddy Fazbear's Pizza[​IMG] closed its doors, the events that took place there have become nothing more than a rumor and a childhood memory, but the owners of "Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction" are determined to revive the legend and make the experience as authentic as possible for patrons, going to great lengths to find anything that might have survived decades of neglect and ruin.

At first there were only empty shells, a hand, a hook, an old paper-plate doll, but then a remarkable discovery was made...

The attraction now has one animatronic. Yes, ONE animatronic (as far as we know) and that animatronic's name is SpringTrap (otherwise know as 'Golden Bonnie' according to some people).
    SpringTrap's Appearance (open)
    [​IMG]

I'm a tad bit lazy to describe the building's appearance, so I'll just post a gameplay for you guys to watch:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

he can make them quick and he doesn't change much and the FNAF fanbase isn't hard to please

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Code_Blue

Code_Blue Member

Jump scares still get me

4. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

I'm in it for the lore, I could care less about the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Well to be completely honest, I don't want to buy the game because I will play it until the end (which means I will get bored and not play it anymore after I've beaten the game). So what I do is watch various YouTubers play the game because I like to see their reactions to the jumpscares & such. All in all, I do like the series, but I'd rather save the money and watch others play it on YouTube for free.

6. Code_Blue

Code_Blue Member

I don't know why I like this game

7. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

yeah the lore is pretty good but Ihe fan base is kinda a reason I keep away from most things

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

"series" With which you mean the same game over and over again with very low production quality. If he actually cared about the games he would make one much bigger game he spends much more time and effort on. These games are just shovelware by this point and i don't expect them to stop coming anytime soon, unfortunatly.

9. shadowslasher11

The games are over. 3 was the last one story wise, and as far as I know, he's done. Also, you lack the idea of the entire series. 'New' games don't need to install new graphics, or become bigger, and more expensive. Seeing as these are indie games, I'll let it slide on the whole idea of 'low budget'. The game has one job, and it does that job really well and is to instill panic and paranoia in the player. Sure, some people may not find this tactic to be scary or not suprising; but Scott found his focus and stuck with it.

You, may not find this game to be bad or terrible. But I can humbly disagree in every aspect. And let's also keep in mind, at least this series shows a diversity in game styles, and then we look at Call of Duty...

10. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

I still don't see how people find the FNAF games scary.
    You're sitting in a room watching some robots run around the worlds smallest building. Horrifying.
    The 'jump scares' are underwhelming, the whole atmosphere of the game could be worked on to make it feel creepy, but it still doesn't feel that way.
    All it really is to me is a bunch of moving bland colors. I'll leave it at that.

11. shadowslasher11

You're also forgetting that not all people are like you. Not everyone is not afraid of jumpscares, also you need to tac in that fear of inanimate humanoid objects. You'd be surprised by how many people are creeped out by things like that.

12. Legopossible

I'm not forgetting anything. Did you see all the references to the words "I'm", "am" and "me?"

13. shadowslasher11

I see one 'I' being used in a questionable usage and everything else was in a sentence I cut out.

14. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

Well if he stops with these, that's good and i have nothing more to complain about.
    Just on a side note, and this is just my opinnion in general about horror games. While i'm not a big fan of horror games overall, I especially don't like horror games that rely on jump scares. That just seems so lazy to me. It's much more impressive to me if you can make a good horror game that relies on atmosphere more than scary monsters. Take Gone Home as an example. When you play it for the first time, the atmosphere is so much like you'd expect in a horror game, you think it's a horror game. While nothing scary happens, you are constantly on edge. That's the sort of horror i like (even though i don't actually play them).

15. Code_Blue

Code_Blue Member

The series is not over. There are still questions left to answer and more pizzerias to see and there are so many questions left unanswered.
    So in my opinion the series is not over.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

It should be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. rocman

rocman Active Member

Have you people even seen the game? You people are complaining about the atmosphere not being there, as I think the whole game relies on it. Really! The thought of some robotic humanoid who could be right next to your or right above your head definitely instills some sort of terror or uncertainty into a person's head, and the story behind truly terrifies me. I watched some Markiplier and The Game Theorists videos, and I was scared out of my mind.

Here's the theory I have:

December 10, 1987 - Freddy Fazbear's Pizzaria

After a little boy's birthday party runs late, 4 employees are left to clean up. Bertha, the bus lady, was cleaning up the table from the party. Teddy was the bathroom attendant, so he was plunging the toilets in the ladies' room. Celina was on the show stage dusting with a broom. George was in the Kitchen, washing the dishes. They thought they were alone in the pizza parlor. Instead, there was a man named Mike in the office. He was fired earlier in the year, in June. He was mentally insane, and he wanted revenge. He had a pistol in his hand, as he exited the office. His first victim was Bertha, who was shot twice, once in the back, once in the neck. Teddy was next. He was shot once in the head. Celina was shot in the heart three times. George was in the kitchen, and he was shot twice in the Jaw, which sent he sprawling back onto the ground. Mike needed to hide the bodies, so he hid them in the unfinished "animatronics" that were to take the place of the performers. All of the victims were shot once in the front of the head, or the "frontal lobe". Bertha was put in a "Bonnie" suit, which was a purple rabbit suit. Teddy was stuck in the "Freddy" suit, which was a bear. Celina was placed in the "Chica" suit, which was a duck. Just before Mike was able to shoot George in the head, he heard a siren, but he had to do something with George. He stuffed him in the "Golden Freddy" suit, which was the only one left. He put him inside and fled the scene. After that, the animatronics miraculously worked, but parents complained because blood and mucus leaked through the suits, and they had a horrible odor, like that of a dead corpse. But George wasn't dead, he just had a broken jaw,mouth he couldn't get out of the suit.

So, every night after, Mike slept in his bed at home, and he always had this horrible dream. But he always slept between 12-6 am, never before, never after. In his dream, he always had to stay five nights at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, and the horrible animatronic corpses haunted him eternally. But, once every while, he would hallucinate that Golden Freddy, George, was there, and he was never able to avoid him, lock him out or anything. And every time he conquered his dreams, they would always restart the next week the same way, with a pink slip, and a paycheck.

It's Me...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

Have I not seen the game? I've watched all of Markiplier's videos on it.
    The only thing scary about the games is the fan base it self
    [​IMG]

#18 HarryTurney, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Legopossible

Meh, I'm not a big fan of horror games, but I do like them when they are actually scary.
    Examples:
    Amnesia: The Dark Decent
    Alien: Isolation
    Among the Sleep was kinda good
    Barbie Dreamhouse Party

FNaF to me is really just playing a loud noise in my ear when Im not paying attention

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Legopossible

Here: "FNaF doesn't seem to work for me. i dont want suspense for a known coming jumpscare, i want atmosphere and good story! mystery and unsettling revelations!" - Some comment I found

I guess for me FNaF is like Slenderman. It's not scary when you know its coming.

• Agree Agree x 1