Diy Custom Consoles/pc Cases

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Marshall, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

Hey everyone I've been pretty inactive lately mainly due to boredom of Minecraft. I've had fun doing some retro gaming. Some of my consoles weren't in the best condition so I repainted them for fun.

It's 2AM at my grandmothers and I don't have my N64 on me or completed images of it for whatever reason so I guess WIP images will do for now. I painted this last November and it came out pretty good. I also am taking an electronics vocation next year so I decided to do extremely simple mods to it like replacing the controllers joystick for a GameCube styled one and changing out the red LED for a green one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I repainted my GameCube last week and I think that it turned out way better than my N64. I changed out the LED again because green means on. :p
    [​IMG]
    I also got my logo on my controller with my dad's old ALPS printer :)
    [​IMG]
    (Yes I changed the c-stick, the original is awkward and uncomfortable fight me)

I plan to do either my OG DS or my Gameboy Advance SP next.

I don't know if anyone else has done something like this but if you have ever painted a console, controller, PC case, ect feel free to post it in here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. edsta024

edsta024 Active Member

That is badass. I was debating on redoing my original DS cause the color is all faded. If I do I will post pictures here.

I also like how you told me about your gamecube and a staples. That was awesome.

**EDIt** Also that logo is pretty sweet.

3. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

Yeah my OG DS is scratched to heck and I like dark blue over light blue (duh) so that's why I may do that. Also lol yeah, I'm a dumbass for trying that and not expecting it to work. The staple still bypasses the disc lid sensor to this day. xD

• Like Like x 1
  4. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

Very cool. But how do you plan on removing that sticky feeling from the spray paint?

5. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

There is a secret I'll let you in on, do lots of light coats.