Creative Creative Build contest - Chess - Vote - Closed

Discussion in 'Creative Server Events' started by Dzyriq, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

It is now time to vote for your favorite chess game:

How to vote:
    2 points: Player name
    1 point: player name

Only Staff and the people who took part in the contest may vote.
    And you man not vote on your own build

Contestants:
    Shadow113
    jillibean00
    squidword990
    StoneMoney
    Harry_Turney123

2. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

2 Points: Shadow113
    1 Point: Harry_Turney123

Shadows: Creative, and good looking

Harry: All goes together very well. Good color coordination

Stone: Had you with 1 point, from screenshots, but then I looked and it wasn't finished. Hard to think you would stage those o.o

3. Shadow113

Shadow113 New Member

2P: Harry_Turney123
    1P: squidword990
    Show Spoiler

Reasoning:

Harry_Turney123: Loved the details on your chess pieces, the knight was really well made, I know how difficult it is to make sculptures like that, the materials coordinated nicely and overall a fantastic job, only thing I was unsure about was the sign above, it created too much of a shadow on the board and felt it didn't really add much to the entry.

squidword990: Your board was nice, I liked the quartz and black wool, very traditional, pieces were nicely made too. I felt that perhaps the text wasn't necessary, it didn't add much to the board really.

StoneMoney: I was very disappointed with your build. I warped to your plot, and I found that the entry was only half complete. I really wanted to give you points too because of the creativity it shown, but in all conscience I couldn't knowing that half the screenshots were staged.

jillibean00: I really loved your chess pieces, I liked how you used diamond and emerald ore, it's not a common material to use in construction but you pulled it off. I didn't feel that it coordinated with the purple and pink board though, but a nice effort.

Well done everyone, I wish you all the best in your entries ;D

Shadow~

• Like Like x 1
  4. Qw3rty9401

Qw3rty9401 Active Member

2P: Harry_Turney123

I loved the detail you put into this, this is what out it over the top of everyone else. It looks so perfect :')

1P: Shadow113

Great Job! I loved the new twist you added to the chess set to make it tilted but from some angles it looks somewhat irregular.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

2P: Shadow113

1P: jillibean00
    Show Spoiler

shadow
    - Very creative thing a lot different to the rest. At first i didn't like the look at it with your pics but when i went to your plot and had a better look it was very nice a good twist from the normal chess board and i like how its a chess board filp xD.
    Jilli
    - Not much to say here, good chest board liked it more than the other 2 but not as good as Shadows.

Other people
    squidword990.

-The reason i didn't pick yours is because it was very small and it would be a lot better if you made it bigger and on a different plot.

StoneMoney

- Yes it was very creative but you were to lazy to even finish it. When i first saw your screen shots i was like :O nice but when i went to your plot this is what i saw.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Squidword

Squidword Active Member

2p-Harry_Turney123

-Very creative and BIG!

1p-stonemoney

-I love how it is in a cave!

7. jillibean00

jillibean00 Active Member

squidword990 I

My vote:
    2 points: Shadow113
    1 Point: Harry
    Show Spoiler

Honestly, I don't really wanna give this to anyone. But, I guess my favorite out of the 3 that are left, I'll chose Harry_Turney123

Reasoning:
    Shadow: I loved how as soon as I saw it, I knew it was original. It's difficult to create something like that. I envy people who can just build like that.
    Harry: I felt the sign took away from the chess board, I felt as if the main attraction was the sign. I just didn't love it.
    Stone: Alright. You're a nice guy and stuff but sorry. It wasn't even done! C'mon. I mean, I didn't love it, but I was gonna give you the 1 point before I saw that it wasn't even done.
    squidword: To be honest, this pissed me off. A lot. You're pieces looked a whole lot like mine. I posted mine before you and you made your pieces look like mine -.- With the logog and stuff. Seriously. mmaky, that's all.

Also, I'd like to kind of explain to everyone what mine builds about, since someone earlier said that my build didn't match, with the board and pieces.
    My board:
    I chose these colors because Purple is my favourite colour and Pink is my least, so I figured it's kind of like a feud.
    My pieces:
    I chose these because I know that they aren't used often so i thought it would be a nice twist in the classic materials.
    Also because I think Diamonds are useful and Emeralds aren;t really, so again, kind of like a feud.

8. Dzyriq

My vote:
    2P: Shadow113: Chess-1

Your build was the tops because there was action in it, and yes you had a good chess board and other stuff that made up for the loss of detail in the chess pieces

1P: Harry_Turney12: Chess-5
    You had the best design of horse as simple as that

9. Dzyriq

Looks like my vote was the last vote this time. Vote closed.

10. Dzyriq

Ill be editing some posts to make the votes more clear.
    Ill also remove posts with no votes.

11. Dzyriq

Results:
    Shadow 9 p (4 2 pointers &1 1 pointer) Winner for having the most 2 pointers

Harry 9p (3 2p & 3 1p) second place.

Joint 3'rd & 4'th place Will divide the 3&4 place money among them
    Jili 1p
    Squid 1p
    Stone 1p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.