Survival Be A Water Warrior!

Discussion in 'Minecraft Server Tutorials' started by eightnine, Jan 6, 2015.

1. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Hello everyone!

So with the introduction of this new map, we've seen some changes! One of the awesome new things that Minecraft has introduced to us are the Ocean Monuments.

Ocean Monuments are tough underwater temples just riddled with danger that spawn in the deep ocean biome. These temples offer us a difficult challenge that if completed, reward us with gold and prestige! They're protected by the Guardians and Elder Guardians. For the uninitiated, they mean certain death, but I'm here today so that you, too, can become a Water Warrior!

Locating An Ocean Monument:
    Gear up and head out to sea! Ocean Monuments are found in the deep ocean biome. To make finding and defeating one easier, I suggest the following equipment:

• A Boat
    • Respiration III Enchantment(Helm)
    • Aqua Affinity I Enchantment(Helm)
    • Depth Strider III Enchantment(Boots)
    • Sharpness Sword
    • Potions of Nightvision
    • Potions of Water Breathing
    • Potions of Health
    • Sponges and Doors
    • Fly(For our Donators)
    • Friends!

After gearing up, jump into your boat (or fly to the ocean) and start looking into the murky depths for the temples. A picture is included below of what they look like.

[​IMG]

With this new map, the powers offered by wearing Golden Helms(Donators) that let you breath underwater indefinitely have been removed. SuperPick(Donator+++) power has also been removed from the temples. Below, is some descriptions of gear/enchantments that I suggest you have to give you the best chance at conquering these dangerous zones. Try to get the enchantments on Diamond gear, because, you know, diamond swag.

Respiration III (head)
    This enchantment is for your helmet.
    Increases underwater breathing time by +15 seconds per level
    Increases time between suffocation damage by +1 second per level
    Improves underwater vision
    Aqua Affinity I (head)

Increases underwater mining rate
    Breaking blocks underwater is allowed at regular speed, though the player cannot be floating to get the full effect.
    Depth Strider III (feet)

Increases underwater movement speed
    Every level reduces the amount water slows you by ⅓.
    Level 3 will make you swim as fast as you walk on land. (Any level beyond that will have no effect on speed.)
    Speed potions will affect your swimming the same way as you're walking on level 3.
    Does not increase vertical speed.
    Sharpness(Sword)
    Cut stuff better!
    Potion of Water Breathing
    Does not deplete the oxygen bar when underwater.
    Standard version lasts for 3 minutes
    Extended version lasts for 8 minutes
    Potion of Healing
    Restores health instantly
    Potion of Strenght
    Very helpful to help you hit those Guardians and Elder Guardians hard

Additional things that are good to have:
    Food
    You have to eat, right?! Who doesn't crave some chops while swimming?
    Milk
    Removes the Mining Fatigue effect for a few seconds
    Sponges
    Create some air pockets
    Doors
    Shields! Provide a temporary safe haven

Inside the Ocean Monument:
    Ocean Monuments are defended by the Guardians and Elder Guardians. Guardians can spawn outside of the monument and might make your approach more difficult. Keep your health up and dodge any of the beams they shoot your way the best you can. Use doors to create safe areas and give your health a change to recover. Charge forward!

Pictured below; Guardians attacking and killing squids. They'll attack anything!
    [​IMG]

Elder Guardians are larger and spawn in the wings of the monument. They are large and will give you the Mining Fatigue III effect. They take a lot of hits to kill and hit you pretty hard if you aren't properly armored. The good news is that they don't move a whole lot. Dodge their large beam, using the surrounding blocks for cover. Use sponges to create temporary air pockets for you to breathe in. You could also bring some cobblestone to create shield walls. If you've brought a friend, work out a strategy with them to create shields or air pockets, tank, or be a healer for you. Keep hitting them with your sword until they fall!

Elder Guardians. Large and scary!
    [​IMG]

After you've eliminated the Elder Guardians, you can raid the temple for its treasures. Collect all the sea lanterns, sponges, gold blocks and prismarine that you can. You deserve those awesome rewards!

Congratulations! You've become a Water Warrior! Poseidon himself would have difficulty killing you in the seas!

Do you have some tips and tricks that you'd like to add? Leave a comment below! Have you beaten up an Elder Guardian or two of your own? Share your story below! Just think this is a neat new feature? Yea, you can say that below!

Thanks for reading the guide! <3

More information:
    Ocean Monument Guardians Elder Guardians Sponge Prismarine Sea Lantern Gold

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dynamite Dynamite x 1
  2. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

Nice guide! I set out to find a monument and completely clear it out. While the one I found had already had the gold surgically removed, I still took the time to drain all the water with sponges(this took forever), and completely clear out the inside only leaving the outer shell. After I finished that, I lined the ceiling with birch wood to stop the water droppings, and I covered the whole floor with carpet. Not sure what I'll do next but it was rewarding to finally get it all done

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  3. DeadLocked

DeadLocked Active Member

I know many others know this, but signs, torches, ladders provide air pockets And can be useful for taking cover!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Just thought i would mention that a lot (if not most) of the sea monuments have already been surgically removed of gold and sponges by people. You might get lucky and find an untouched one, but it's not easy to do so.

I've found that some people have just completely bypassed bosses and used milk to get rid of mining fatigue in order to rapidly mine straight to valuables and take them without clearing temple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

I'd rather be a milk monster.
    Drink milk and use //

• Like Like x 1
  6. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

Great guide!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

I myself don't really care about the gold, but i do at some point want to get a water temple claimed to make a guardian arena (since you can't really make farms, and an arena is more fun)

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  8. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

FYI superpick will work on the sea lanterns but not the other blocks

9. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Tbh, one could make a great farm out of guardians. It would be a TON of work but you could set up spawn tanks for them with easy kill windows. They spawn so fast and in great numbers around the monument im sure it could easily be effective. Id not want to undertake a project like that though lol.

10. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

Drinkin Milk still lts you bypass MF for a second or 2 :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. TorresFury73

TorresFury73 Member

Be a water master, conquer the sea and subdue the temple. Water temple uncovered. Here is how I did it. A photo tour.
    one.png two.png three.png four.png five.png six.png seven.png eight.png

• Like Like x 4
  12. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Just curious, how long did that endeavor take you to complete? That looks like a lot of work compared to just using water breathing potions.

13. TorresFury73

TorresFury73 Member

I did not use one breathing potion, I used signs inside to kill all the elders, I began using sand to clear water, then I was shown how to use the sponges, that really speed up the process. Once I had the inside cleared, I began getting the outside border on 1/2 of the temple. cleared that 1/2 noticed I did not go back far enough I extended the border back 4 more blocks. then began the process all over for the other half. I would not want to even guess how long, since I jumped back and forth helping other people. but since you asked lets say over 25 - 30 hours of play time.

14. TorresFury73

TorresFury73 Member

Throttie

Do you have an update?

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

15. Amyv1

Amyv1 Member

Thanks for the info

16. DeadLocked

DeadLocked Active Member

lol Thread revival

17. Embrosa

Embrosa New Member

This is an amazing and useful guide. Great job! :)