Creative Are These Client-side Mods Allowed?

Discussion in 'Creative Server Chat' started by Sahib, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Sahib

Sahib Member

I want to install a few of these, so I need to see if they are allowed before I can:
    1. Not Enough Items/Inventory Editors
    2. Texture Packs or Resource Packs
    3. Large Content Editor (adds lots of blocks and a new dimension and such) Mods

2. Wrathyio

Wrathyio Active Member

I'm not postive about this, as the creative server is not my area of expertise, but I'm fairly confident in saying that #1 is not allowed, since it will give you the advantage of being able to carry more blocks at a time than other players, thus giving you an advantage in building. #2 is definitely legal: just about everyone uses or has used texture packs. They do not give you an advantage over other players. #3 sounds highly illegal. I'm not even sure it would work without having a plugin on the server.

But just to be sure, wait for someone who knows more about the creative server to respond, and don't take my word for it.

3. Kenny

Kenny Well Known Member

#1 is a no

#2 is fine as long as it isnt a transparent or clear pack

#3 is a no, as we dont have the corresponding plugins for it to work

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sahib

Sahib Member

Okay, I'll wait for someone else to respond.
    But thanks, I was mixed up over whether inventory editors were allowed or not.

5. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

You can try using not enough items but most of the features won't work because it will detect you are on a server. Same goes for number 3. You can use any resource pack you want besides x-Ray, but that would be pointless on creative anyway.

I would stay away from 1 and 3 because if they somehow worked and you were caught using them you'd probably be in trouble

6. imme

imme Well Known Member

I don't see the big deal in mods that are illegal on survival being used on creative.

Survival it would give you a big advantage but on creative, I don't see the problem with #1 honestly

7. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

I don't think it would work anyway because the mod when used in multiplayer is only a facade for /give or /i, which I believe only the OS have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

As long as the mod does not conflict with any of the rules governing the server you are good. I myself use a lot of mods, you just have to make sure you are not breaking rules or giving yourself an unfair advantage over others. For example I use a mod that adds many features one of which is showing players near you and how far away they are, this mod is fine on survival play but if you were to take it and use it on pvp or a combat event it would give you an unfair advantage and thus not be allowed.

Number 1 has no conflicts with servers as you cannot use any of the features that are rule breaking without being an admin+ with the proper permissions for the commands it calls for. Any features it adds that changes game files to add features such as extra bag space also cannot be used as it is the server sending you files not the client.

number 2: Again as long as it does not conflict with rules you are good. So no transparent packs.

Number 3 is the same as number 1, all the extra content it adds such as extra blocks are not recognized by the server and thus can't even be used as the server is the one sending you files. If by chance it adds a feature that would break any rule it cannot be used. This number was a very broad question as it could include any mod.

To use mods that add content requires you to be playing on a server running those mods, any server not running those mods will not allow those mods use.

#8 Exavious, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2