Creative AntiAd

Discussion in 'Creative Server Suggestions' started by aFreshKiwi, Aug 11, 2013.

1. aFreshKiwi

aFreshKiwi Active Member

on behalf of the creative community;

Ok everyone constantly moans and whines about this plugin so I'm gonna be the one who actually posts something about it.

AntiAd is a joke.
    The plugin itself, is good. I have used it before. The settings that it is on currently, are really really annoying.
    I wrote this exact message: "Hey, EchoRPH." and it's saying I'm spamming for god sake.

Can someone please tone down the sensitivity of this plugin, or get another one. Or employ a few creative server chat moderators?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hail_a3

Hail_a3 Stars of the Forums

These moderators would need to be dedicated to the creative server, and you've seen the kind of players over there. I'd say that isn't feasible right now. As for the sensitivity, it is annoying, yes, but necessary. Just don't use caps, don't post links, etc. To be 100%, I wish there was a "trusted" rank that required you to be constructor there, and have at least 6 months of respectable play on another server as well. It would give you the ability to PM without restriction.

3. Dzyriq

Dzyriq Just another humble Overseer

there are some punctuation rules that you can relate to to the comma should not be used
    I think that is what triggered the spam filter.

Edit: I can agree with you at the filter is very tightly set, even to a level were it is very annoying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. aFreshKiwi

aFreshKiwi Active Member

What's wrong with that?
    I'd volunteer my time

But its not caps and links we're doing. this is being triggered by normal standard chat

5. Hail_a3

Hail_a3 Stars of the Forums

1. I'm saying they players there aren't what we'd call "mod" material. Some may be, but many aren't. I guess that's the same for everywhere too though.

2. "Hey, EchoRPH." contains 12 characters, 7 of which are not lowercase letters, and only 1 is a space. The system doesn't just make it not caps like BR, it sees that as spam. Just like my name.

6. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

just type like you never went to school and you will be fine, no need to change anything

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Ninja Ninja x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. sillybilly967

sillybilly967 New Member

I really disagree with this, it teaches bad grammar, spelling and punctuation. "I play a minecraft server with a screwed over spam filter" isn't a very good reason for failing English class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tsukasa Kun

Tsukasa Kun Stars of the Forums

so write like you went to school when you're in english class.

9. aFreshKiwi

aFreshKiwi Active Member

The point is we're trying to make is...
    it's pretty easy to change, and it'd please a lot of people, and make communicating on Creative a whole ton easier.

10. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

If you are learning grammar and spelling through a video game chat, then the spam sensitivity of an antiad plugin is the least of your worries

11. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

I am currently looking into this as a change, we may even have chat mods on creative as part of a trusted group of regular players

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1