Denied Subway_monkey's Designer App

Discussion in 'Designers / Engineers' started by ALEXisAcookie123, Apr 25, 2014.

1. ALEXisAcookie123

ALEXisAcookie123 New Member

Ign: subway_monkey
    Only builder on the project? Yes
    Am I a Constructor? Yes
    Warp to get there: (Ex. /p h Thr0ttie) /p h subway_monkey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ALEXisAcookie123

ALEXisAcookie123 New Member

Sorry I forgot to press F1 well taking the screenshots.

3. stanky2

stanky2 Overseer

I wrote this on your last application:

"There are a few problems - the first is that you have a lot of empty land, by empty I mean boring and without features, you have some hills towards the back but look at your sports area, you don't even have a foot path to it. The buildings are also - plain-jane boring buildings that most anyone could build within an hour or two - and they are mostly empty - no features, no details. Now look at your ship and bay... the ship has a square aft section and a flat bottom, it just looks like a house in water that you shaped to look like a ship on front and top. "

As I look around I'm wondering what exactly you spent a month on - the ships back end looks a bit better, but the bottom is still flat, the ocean area is perfectly rectangle and has no details, there is still a lot of empty land, the buildings look average and - look at almost every building you have ever been in there are walls, rooms, etc... you have a new building where there is a redstone door, but the redstone is completely exposed and except for the throne and some frames - you made yet another mostly empty building...

Seriously, go look at builds that win and notice the level of details they use, look at how they try their best to emulate real life - instead of just putting in a bed, put a nightstand next to it, with something on it, maybe a flower... don't make a giant building with no roof and exposed electrical wiring.

You CAN do this, but you need to - no joke - spend a lot of time doing it - planning things out, seeing what others do, and if it's considered good or not.

Take your time and - like that redstone - if it takes you 4 hours to figure out how to hide it and still work - figure it out, don't just leave it.

The words 'good enough' are never acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1