Favorite Quotes

Discussion in 'Written' started by bajj597, Apr 17, 2013.

1. bajj597

bajj597 Forum Legend

Post legitimate quotes that inspires you or idolizes what you believe or just hits a heart string within you. Maybe it is a quote you just like. Please keep this mature. Use only legitimate quotes as well. Put an author / speaker / source if you can with the quote.

My two favorites:
    "We can only work with what we have, not what we dream of" -A book from the Sharpe's series.
    "We gain a lot of ground cause we give a little, ain't no road too long when we meet in the middle" -Diamond Rio (Meet in the Middle)

[This might just die, or maybe people will like it. We shall see I guess.]

2. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

"Minecraft is nothing but a chatroom with an advanced set of animated legos."
    -MgnfcntBstrd

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott

• Like Like x 2
    • Ninja Ninja x 1
  4. laurenhazz

laurenhazz Active Member

"Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don't settle for them." -Mia Hamm

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." -Henry David Thoreau

5. imme

imme Well Known Member

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." -Dr. Suess

"Being sad with the right people is better than being happy with the wrong people."

"There comes a time when you have to chose between turning the page and closing the book."

(I use quotes as my signature, I change them often. Maybe you have noticed)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Hawkeyes

Hawkeyes Active Member

"Live as if you were going to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    -Mahatma Gandhi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Luciano

Luciano Stars of the Forums

"Your future is my choice. "
    -Stanky2

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. kingofpie222

kingofpie222 Stars of the Forums

See my sig. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. TechTeller

TechTeller Forum Legend

"Two things are infinite - The universe and human stupidity, but Im not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Science is a first-rate piece of furniture for a man's upper chamber, if he has common sense on the ground floor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. emil_97

emil_97 Well Known Member

“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
    'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Took a while to find the exact quote, but there it is

• Like Like x 1
  11. NemoD98

NemoD98 Well Known Member

Sorry, but you reminded me of this classic from back in the days of Yogpod yore. (Also, ASOIAF highfive!)

Also, feel a bit bad for going off topic, so here's some more good ASOIAF / Game of Thrones quotes.

The gold cloak drew a shortsword. “Here’s your law.”
    “That’s no law, just a sword. Happens I got one too.”

"Paint stripes on a toad, he does not become a tiger." - Sandor Clegane

"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less. A shadow on the wall, yet shadows can kill. And ofttimes a very small man can cast a very large shadow.” - Varys

"Explain to me why it is more noble to kill ten thousand men in battle than a dozen at dinner." - Tyrion Lannister

And just about anything that comes out of Tyrion's mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

"You can lead me, follow me, or stay the hell out of my way." - General George S. Patton

13. Pocnet

Pocnet Forum Legend

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, all those who live without love." - J.K Rowling, Albus Percival Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

"Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds ever be in your favor." - Suzanne Collins, Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games)

"There must be something in books, something we can’t imagine, to make a woman stay in a burning house; there must be something there. You don’t stay for nothing.” - Ray Bradbury, Guy Montag (Fahrenheit 451)

My all-time favorite scene/quote:

“But this is touching, Severus,” said Dumbledore seriously. “Have you grown to care for the boy after all?”
    “For him?” shouted Snape. “Expecto Petronum!”

From the tip of his wand burst the silver doe: she landed on the office floor, bounded once across the office and soared out of the window. Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears.

“After all this time?”

“Always,” said Snape.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. kingofpie222

This too shall pass...

• Like Like x 1
  15. chovynz

chovynz Active Member

I have a few:
    Treat other people how you want to be treated. - either Solomon or Jesus.

You make your money when you buy, not when you sell. - Robert Kyiosaki

Don't rely only on your own knowledge or wisdom. The man who does so is limited, stupid and dangerous to himself and others. Much better to find the wisdom that other people have and use that. -paraphrased, Jesus, Solomon, and a few other people.​

Give other people what they want. Give enough people what they want and you will soon get what you want. -Zig Ziglar

Small profit, thousand times. Large profit, three times. -Chinese financial proverb via my now dead dad. RIP Dad. This is talking about not ripping people off financially. If you put your markup high, you might get huge profits, but you'll only sell a few things. If you put your markup low, you might only get small profits, but you'll sell a hell of a lot more. The way to wealth is in small profits, not large ones, because people REMEMBER what type of person you are.

• Like Like x 2
  16. kingofpie222

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

"If you lose one of your engines on a dual-engine aircraft, you'll at least have enough power to get you to the scene of the crash."- USAF Flight Instructor

18. jokerr77

jokerr77 Active Member

"The only failure is when you stop trying."
    -Albert Einstein

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

"Go to heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." -Mark Twain

"You're to slow!" -Sonic The Hedgehog

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
  20. Serite

Serite Active Member

Give *us* the future, we've had enough of your past. Give us back our country, to live in , to grow in, to love. - Michael Collins

I hate them. Not for their race, not for their brutality—I hate them because they’ve left us no way out. I hate whoever put a gun in young Vinny Byrne’s hand… I know it’s me and I hate myself for it. I hate them for making hate necessary. And I’ll do what I have to to end it. - Michael Collins

• Informative Informative x 1