Survival Update Aquatic! Share, Talk, Community!

Discussion in 'Survival Server Chat' started by Exavious, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Greetings fellow MCS!

Since the forums were pretty much cleaned up completely I decided to make a thread where everyone can talk, post pictures and such about their adventures in Update Aquatic and the new map we are on. So as you experience the new update and map feel free to share and talk about accomplishments, feats, projects or even things you think are cool right here in this thread. Starting a new town? Cool project? Slayed the mighty smaug? Share it all here with the community!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I will start it off :)

I have been having a blast in 1.13, much of my time wasted exploring the oceans lol.

I have started my home/project around an End portal this map been excavating and building around it to resemble the End. Also have my beacon pyramid built below it so they beam up through the portal :cool:
    2018-09-12_14.43.21.png
    [​IMG]

As I excavated I soon found I had 5 slime chunks in the area next to each other.. sooo... lots of slimes!
    2018-09-12_14.46.44.png
    [​IMG]

I had the Idea to make the black sky of End over my portal as well, the amount of black ink required... substantial... so while out hunting squids I managed to grab 2 tridents from the drowned! granted.. after killing 270 of them :eek:
    2018-09-12_14.18.20.png
    [​IMG]

and of course I had to raid the end and kill Smaug :) but I built you all a safer walkway on the new end this month as it was floating out in void :ahh:
    2018-09-12_15.06.09.png
    [​IMG]

and so my story continues as I will continue building on my home and amassing things to fill my vault up with :)

Enjoying 1.13 and the new map!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
  3. _Beep_

_Beep_ Survival Staff
    Staff Member

So far my adventures in 1.13 have been mostly taking far too long to build a tunnel underwater between the island I'm currently living on, and Xaria's island:

2018-09-14_02.22.52.png

I think my next project is to build an underwater ocean dwelling. I'm currently torn between a steampunk-esque style for it, or if I'm going to go all out on a futuristic design for it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Dynamite Dynamite x 1
  4. SimplyNova

SimplyNova Member

The Box, is a traditional structure that is very easily spotted and recognizable to any player that knows my history. However, the difference with the box this map is the introduction of a skylight, stonebrick walls, and diorite flooring. The structure itself sits only slightly above the land. The main column goes from level 7, all the way up to 50-60. Originally the main unit, being at level 7, for reference the room with the chests, crafting tables, etc was the only room. I had a design in my head and decided to dig up, yes up not down, to the surface. Bringing up the beast, so to say. Within a day my box was a site to see. Plans to bring the structure to the sky limit were in order, and a secondary base in the ocean was in construction. However today, marks the second time I die due to errors in the server. Two times is too much for me. It may be a bit dramatic, but I am leaving it at this point and that is that. I hope all of you are enjoying the server, the update, and the community of truly dedicated players.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Sorry to hear your death has put you off playing, that is a sad thing indeed. Hope you come back though! Death (your fault or not) has always been a part of MC and while frustrating and sometimes very upsetting as in your case... life does go on and we recover and rebuild :) truly hope to see you around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SimplyNova

SimplyNova Member

You'd be happy to know, Nat and I have sorted things out. I will receive my items, that I cared to list to him, other things did not matter as stonebrick and a bit of glass can easily be replaced, not the equipment. So you shall see me around. As much as I can be that is. Fiance, work, and other games have me a bit tied up at the moment so I make the best of both worlds.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

Some closeups of my little house, and the other end of the tunnel! :p Haven't done as much as I'd hoped in the way of farming, but we're getting there!! 2018-09-17_22.20.01.png 2018-09-17_22.20.21.png 2018-09-17_22.20.44.png

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  8. SimplyNova

SimplyNova Member

The concept is quite beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

A new project!! :D a lil somethin somethin