Official Closing Of Minecraftserver.com Minecraft Server - Fake News

Discussion in 'News / Server Information' started by BSPiotr_backup, Jul 1, 2018.

1. BSPiotr_backup

BSPiotr_backup Overseer

Via AquaXV:

As you all have noticed by now the server has been offline for a while, the cause was a power outage at the datacenter which reset a setting. After some contact with natbyte he let out there is no intention in keeping the server online because the times he was online there was nobody playing so he considered it a waste of energy. He did not tell us when he would pull the plug.

Last week was this moment, he shut down the server permanently.

He did mention working on a smaller vanilla server (hosted on a different machine) with only protection plugins. As of yet I do not have more information about this new server.

It is with great regrets to inform you MinecraftServer.com as we all knew it is no more. I do want to thank you all for the wonderful and amazing times and for being able to be part of this once amazing community. And I speak for all the staff when I say; Thank you.

---

Apparently the forums will continue to exist for the known future, however do not expect much activity here unless something happens; if you wish to keep up with the community, we do have a discord server, available HERE.

Sincerely,
    BSPiotr and the rest of the OS Team (AquaXV, Dzyriq, Stanky2)
    And of course, Natbyte

#1 BSPiotr_backup, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Thr0ttie

Thr0ttie Overseer

We had a good run

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

[​IMG]

Twas an honor serving with all of you.​

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. BC519

BC519 Active Member

Only 12 days before the start of my 7th year.
    I'll miss some of y'all.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Death_Witch

Death_Witch Survival Staff

Thanks everyone for the good times and the bad,
    Everyone take care, have a good and safe life,
    Might see some of you out there,

You all will be missed :(

DW

#5 Death_Witch, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Code_Blue

Code_Blue Member

RIP MCS.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. edsta024

edsta024 Active Member

I also posted this in discord but I am not sure whom may not be in the discord channel. But here goes.

It does sadden me to know that MCS is officially no longer a thing. I will always cherish the time I spent on the server and was hoping to jump back whenever a new map was coming. I will always have a place in my heart for all of you even if we did not get along at times, I know there are a few of you out there and more than I'd like to admit, but I truly enjoyed my time with you all.

Thank you @Natbyte for hosting the server and creating such wonderful community.
    @AquaXV thank you for helping keep it going on the backend as of late and allowing this channel to stay so we can still have a way to communicate with the people that have joined.
    @Staff current and previous I always appreciate how fair you were to players. I know I did my best to be fair when I was staff.

And lastly, thank you to everyone else that reads this and that I played with on MCS. Feel free to add me as a friend here or even ask for my Discord info. I am not gonna post a public link, sorry. Lets play other games and more minecraft with each other even if it is on other servers. You all were a fun group of people.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

Really sad to hear of this. Thank you all for being part of this wonderful community for all of these years. I enjoyed every moment of it. Despite mostly moving on in life I always tried to check in every once and a while. Thank you all for making my high school years as good as they were. Natbyte, I don't know if you will even read this but thank you for having the server up all this time despite having little to no interest in the game for many years now, I always appreciated it. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Started playing here when I was 14, now I'm almost 21. Safe to say I'll look back and smile on the countless hours and good times I've had here for the rest of my life.

Godspeed everyone, thanks for all the fun

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. NemoD98

NemoD98 Well Known Member

I'll be sad to see it go but thanks for the memories. It's kind of insane to think I've been knocking around for around 5 or 6 years (the exact dates and my old email account are lost to the sands of time) and how big a part of my life this community was for a while. Even when I didn't have time to play or when I lost interest in the game, I always tried to check in back now and again for the community and everyone was always as friendly as ever, so I appreciate you guys keeping the Discord server open and I genuinely hope it sticks around for a long time. (dwyero#3552 hit me up)

Thank you to Nat for founding the server, thank you to Aqua for making me settler the day I joined, thank you to Danny for trusting me with mod, thank you to whoever trusted me with creative staff back when that was a thing, thank you to Tech for generally being a top lad. Thank you to all the staff past and present who gave up their time and worked hard to keep this place fun. Mostly thank you to everyone for putting up with me. It's been a wild ride and I won't forget it.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dettles

Dettles Well Known Member

Not gonna lie, I cried a bit. It's funny how a game can change and affect us so much.

This community has touched my heart and I have so many fond memories of my years here. This server has helped me through some of the most difficult times I've had in my life thus far. I've made wonderful friends here and made memories that will not be forgotten.

Thank you to Natbyte for getting the party started. Thank you to all the overseers for your countless hours of service. Thank you to all the staff past and present for volunteering your time. Finally, thank you, to each and every one of you reading this. Whether we talked a lot or not at all, you've been apart of this life changing experience for me, for that I am eternally grateful.

From the bottom of my heart, I truly wish you all the absolute best in life. I have missed and will continue to miss our time moving pixel blocks together.

Sincerely,
    Jessica

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  12. IllusionIte_

IllusionIte_ Active Member

To know the server is gone, is very heartbreaking. The immense amount of wonderful memories, and the evolution of the server has me knowing that over the years, this server will always be part of me, and I will never forget it. All the wonderful people I've met, and communicated with makes this experience achieve a new level of toughness to swallow, but it is truly difficult to let something go that as dear to a person as this server was.

I sure hope that the forums are here to stay,
    but I hope everyone has an excellent life beyond this loss.

Thank you - Matt

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Juwn

Juwn Active Member

It's sad but everything good has to come to an end. Thank you very much to Natbyte who kept it running and to every single, and i mean literally every single admin or moderator or member of staff on every type of server that MCS ever hosted. Thank you for putting up with me, and my silly jokes and antics.
    [​IMG]
    I wish you all the best of luck with what lies ahead in future. This server shaped me, my personality and how i spent wayyyyyyyyy too many hours. It has been a good friend to me and I don't think i'll ever forget the many happy memories and wonderful people I met, who in truth I've noticed the disappearance of over the years,
    RIP MCS, Feb 18th 2013 (date of my discovery)- Jul 1st 2018.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. xariaxx

xariaxx Creative Staff
    Staff Member

Gonna miss this place truly truly, started playing when I was 12, and an awkward homeschooler with absolutely zero social skills and zero friends. Y’all were my first friends, I’ve had some of the best experiences of my life here and I’m truly thankful for everyone who ever contributed to it. I turned 17 in April and it’s been a wild ride. Glad y’all are still sticking as a wonderful community. ❤️❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Settler12

Settler12 New Member

Reset my password just to comment on this. Thanks for your hospitality, and putting up with me when I was an annoying kid.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Pocnet

Pocnet Forum Legend

MCS was a huge part of my early teens, and I'm very grateful to have been part of such a great and welcoming community. Crazy to think It's been 8 years since I started here! Thank you for allowing me to help out as a staff member, thank you for the wonderful memories, and thank you to all the friends that made my time here priceless.

(if anyone wants to connect w/ me on discord I'm killmetro#9125)

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  17. Thatguy5600

Thatguy5600 Survival Staff

I haven't been very active the last year, as real world stuff has caught up with me, due to this I've only just noticed the server being down.

This is sad news, but all good things must come to an end. I'd personally like to thank everyone I had the pleasure of interacting with over the 4-5 years I was around on the server. I truely enjoyed every moment of it.

If anyone would like to exchange some kind of contact details I'd be more than happy. I do have a server related email, just incase these forums go down - ThatguyMCS@gmail.com

I wish everyone a great future, wherever it may lead you.

Thanks for all the memories!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. Death_Witch

Death_Witch Survival Staff

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mortemy

Mortemy New Member

Very sad to hear this but at the same time i understand. Running any server(s) has its expenses, its never free. I used to work on several datacenters and it is raw business. Beside the point...

I have been playing on the server idk/remember but from early 2010. It has always been my one and only server that i ve played on. I dont know why lol, but i was never intrested on those million others. Maybe because MCS had best admins, op's and moderators with awesome community.

Well everything has to end some day, including MCS. I wish all the good for Natbyte and everyone involved.

M.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

took it long enough :devil:

• Funny Funny x 2