Shamainy - Apprentice Level Application

Discussion in 'Builders' started by Shamainy, May 4, 2017.

?

Is my plot good enough for Apprentice Builder?

Poll closed May 18, 2017.
  1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No.

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Shamainy

Shamainy New Member

1. What is your ingame name? Shamainy

2. What is your current Builder rank? Novice Builder

3. Are you the only Builder on this project? Only one

4. What are the coordinates to your project (Optionally /sw coordinates)? Are there any nearby nether portals?
    World: x-1018, z-7404

Plan to make alot more with it if this goes thro! This is going to connect with something alot bigger :) And landscape will be made to match with that in time for the other ranks.

phpPwRMaDPM.jpg 2017-04-29_03.43.29.png

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  2. killjoy213

killjoy213 New Member

Definitely a beautiful project! I really like the oasis vibes I'm getting from here. I think it would be nice if you added some sort of pattern to the walls and floor, but aside from that it'll be a treat to see what's to come! Well done and good luck with your rank :)

3. Shamainy

Shamainy New Member

Thanks mate! Wanted to keep this one clean, since the other project will be the big one with lot more things on it, that hopefully will match up in the end. I didn't want to make this one to messy :)

4. TCIndiana

TCIndiana Active Member

It's a nice build, has good symmetry, and nice water features. some of the floors are a little bare but it's not a big issue IMO. It's overall pleasant to look at.

5. Kahnaii

Kahnaii New Member

Simple in theory but gorgeous in execution. It definitely looks like a lot of thought and care was put into this build. Looking forward to what comes next!

6. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I thought i already voted and commented on this but my content seems to have just disappeared o.0 (sees the post date and realizes the OP was deleted and new one made)

Anyway ill retype it.

I voted no, as I said in original post (before you added you would change the terrain in this new post) the location is just wrong.

You have a desert themed building in the middle of a lush green plains biome. It looks weird and out of place. Also the variety of blocks is lacking, especially when you have available to you a large variety of desert themed blocks to use. As i must compare this to spawn when I vote I cannot vote yes because (as was the case with watkinni's app) in my opinion it does not meet or exceed the quality of spawn structures.

As a rule of thumb I also cannot vote based on what the build "might be" in the future, I can only vote for what it is now. And as of now, it just doesn't fit or look good being a desert theme structure in the middle of a plains biome.

7. Shamainy

Shamainy New Member

Reason for that is cuse I want the greener grass and leaf, more lifslike that are provided from plains biome, everything looks dull on desert biomes.

8. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

its okay shamainy, it looks like the only one who actually thinks builds should fit into the surroundings and keeping things in theme is me lol... Not sure why. Im just one guy with my own opinions, I don't decide the outcome :) good luck!

9. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

I generally agree with you but I voted yes because Shamainy said he does plan to develop the area around the build in the future to make it look more appropriate. Plus, from the way I've perceived it, Apprentice Builder applications are not meant to be incredible and complex, but nice enough to show that you have the skills needed to advance towards the next builder ranks down the line. The build itself is well executed and pleasant to the eye, which is good enough for the apprentice rank.

• Like Like x 1