Avorion - Explore. Build. Fight. Trade. Mine.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Natbyte, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

Just a heads up on a new game I have been playing it's called Avorion. You start out as a nobody at the edge of the galaxy and work your way to the center of a galaxy that gets more dangerous, but also more rewarding the closer you get to its core. Avorion takes sandbox aspects from games like X or Freelancer, throws in co-op multiplayer and lets you build your own ships. It features ships made of freely scalable blocks that can be procedurally generated and that break into pieces where they're hit in space fights.

It's pretty fun, I've have setup a personal server for myself on :

avorion.blackreaver.com

Feel free to swing by if you have the game, or decide to buy it based upon seeing something you might like!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Aqua

Aqua Overseer

Soo... Similar to space engineers?

3. Natbyte

Natbyte Overseer

Not really, Space Engineers to me was just a cash grab by the dev's they have yet to ever finish a game and development just stagnates, this on the other hand has much more content already and is all developed by one guy and is in a state where it has goals and tasks to accomplish as opposed to just a sandbox builder just watch some youtube lets plays and you will see a big difference.

4. Aqua

Aqua Overseer

I understand what you are aiming at, but Space engineers has been doing some good work the last year.
    And I did watch some avorion gameplay in the past, it just didn't appeal to me personally.
    Quite impressive 1 guy set Avorion up though.

5. Neddzy

Neddzy Forum Legend

6. TribalGiant

TribalGiant Member

I'm always interested in building games so it looks like it would be entertaining. Only reason I don't play SE as much is a lack of friends to play it with, cause far more fun that way. Might consider picking this up though.

#6 TribalGiant, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  7. TribalGiant

TribalGiant Member

Definitely been having fun with this. Took me quite a while and several destroyed ships later but finally at a point in the early area where I can chill around to destroy bandits/aliens and salvage to my hearts content.
    20170501022007_1.jpg

#7 TribalGiant, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017