Pokémon Go

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Gamer, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

TL;DR: Pokémon GO is a location-based mobile game, where you walk around real world searching for "PokéStops" and virtual Pokémon to catch and train for multiplayer battles

According To Wikipedia:
    "Pokémon GO is a free-to-play location-based augmented reality mobile game developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices. Making use of GPS and the camera of compatible devices, the game allows players to capture, battle, and train virtual Pokémon whom appear on device screens as though in the real world. An optional companion Bluetooth wearable device, the Pokémon GO Plus, is planned for future release and will alert users when Pokémon are nearby.

After establishing a game account, the player creates an avatar by selecting a hair, skin, and eye color; style; and outfit. After the avatar is created, it is displayed at the player's current location along with a map of the player's immediate surroundings. Features on the map include a number of PokéStops and Pokémon gyms. PokéStops provide players with items, such as eggs, Poké Balls, and potions and can be equipped with items called lures, which attract wild Pokémon. Gyms serve as battle locations for team-based king of the hill matches. These are typically located at places of interest. These locations are re-purposed portals from Ingress, Niantic's previous augmented reality game.

As players travel the real world, their avatar moves along the game's map. Different Pokémon species reside in different areas of the world; for example, water-type Pokémon are generally found near water. When a player encounters a Pokémon, they may view it either in augmented reality (AR) mode or with a live rendered, generic background. AR mode uses the camera and gyroscope on the player's mobile device to display an image of a Pokémon as though it were in the real world. Players can take screen shots of the Pokémon they encounter either with or without the AR mode activated.

Unlike other installments in the Pokémon series, players in Pokémon Go do not battle wild Pokémon to capture them. During an encounter with a wild Pokémon, the player may throw a Poké Ball at it by flicking it from the bottom of the screen up toward the Pokémon. If the Pokémon is successfully caught, it will come under the ownership of the player. Factors in the success rate of capture include the right force, the right time and the type of Poké Ball used. After capturing a wild Pokémon, the player is awarded two types of in-game currencies: candies and stardust. The candies awarded by a successful catch depends on what evolutionary chain a Pokémon belongs to. A player can use stardust and candies to raise a Pokémon's "combat power" (CP). However, only candies are needed to evolve a Pokémon. Each Pokémon evolution tree has its own type of candy which can only be used to evolve or level up. The player can also transfer the Pokémon back to the Pokémon professor to earn one more candy and create room for more Pokémon. The ultimate goal of the game is to complete the entries in the Pokédex, a comprehensive Pokémon encyclopedia, by capturing and evolving to obtain the original 151 Pokémon."

Pokémon GO gameplay/walkthrough (Gameplay uploaded by HeroVoltsy):

Part 2 in case the first part was too vague (Also uploaded by HeroVoltsy):

#1 Gamer, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  2. fox

fox Member

TEAM VALOR 4 LYFE

3. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Wow, you replied quick!

4. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

I joined Instinct because they seemed the most neutral on the internet.. Boy was I right

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fred

Fred Active Member

I joined Instinct because one of my friends was on that team... Ofc it turned out to be the team that seems to have 0 gyms.

6. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

Go out and battle them! :p

7. Fred

Fred Active Member

I tried fighting a 1700+ CP Vaporeon once. Didn't go so well.

8. fox

fox Member

I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and the only pokéstop is a half hour walk from here, the only pokés around are just fuckin weedles and all the other commons

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  9. Fred

Fred Active Member

Relatable

10. BC519

BC519 Active Member

I am apart of the Cult of Ancient Android. Our idol is the helix fossil.

Bow down to cthulhu hermit crab!

11. gopuri

gopuri Active Member

Team mystic ftw, got a park within driving distance with 6 stops and a gym in it. Pop in some headphones and forget the world for 5 hours ^_^

12. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

I got it on the first day and I am up to level 8.... don't play it much but if something ever gets added so you could battle with anyone my username is MNDude.

13. Fred

Fred Active Member

I got it last week and am at level 11. I think I play it too much. o_O

14. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

TEAM VALOR 4 LYFE

level 16

My city centre has a good amount of poke-stops and I have a good amount of gyms around here. 1 is a road down from me. another like 2 minutes from me and 2 more which are like a 7 minute walk away

• Like Like x 2
  15. gopuri

gopuri Active Member

got lvl 20 this morning, stopped in for a bite to eat, gonan get at least 21 by the end of today. ./team mystic

16. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Been trying to level up, but the game doesn't even work 95% of the time...

17. Shoganeko

Shoganeko Member

i've been playing it quite a bit. I'm only level 8 though :p

TEAM VALOR FTW :3

18. June

June Active Member

I got it when it released but it didnt play well on my LG Leon. Last weekend I switched to Verizon and got a Galaxy S7 and it runs almost flawlessly. The app has a lot of major bugs including the broken tracker. But if you want the thrill of the hunt google Pokevision and you can locate pokemon until Niantic gets their shit together and fixes the app. You're Welcome.

Level 17
    Valor

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. gopuri

gopuri Active Member

Also the app GoTools is amazing and useful and includes pokevision in the app, pretty awesome for any aspiring trainer ^_^

20. IllusionIte_

IllusionIte_ Active Member

I knew this was going to be an off topic game. Team Valor