Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by shadowslasher11, May 6, 2016.

1. shadowslasher11

shadowslasher11 Well Known Member

To the hype train!

2. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

So this is just some made up war? I was hoping it would be World War II...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

Looks like fun. Maybe when it comes out and its good it will be the third fps I'll play this year. First two being CS:GO & Overwatch

4. FillWerrel

Staff Member Newshound

Just looked into it a bit more, I guess it makes sense for it to be World War I. This will sure beat out Infinite Warfare by far.

#4 FillWerrel, May 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. shadowslasher11

6. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

That sounds like fantastic idea that can't go wrong but then again it's an EA game so they'll probably fuck it up.

7. shadowslasher11

Nah, lately that's just been Ubisoft.

They know what they're doing. They saw the backlash of BF4's problems, and the issues with Hardline. EA knows that fucking with Battlefield will mean a hanging.

8. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

That should have been the case with Battlefront too, and Hardline had a bit more than "issues", seeing as it was almost literally a glorified map pack for Battlefield 4. But I guess we'll see, although I personally have negative hype for it.

Also fuck that name, whoever came up with that should be fired. Seriously number your games in a logical fashion AAA game companies. Calling the 5th or 6th battlefield (or whatever number it should be) the first game only serves to confuse people and tells people nothing about the setting. Why not just called it Battlefield WW1, or Battlefield 1914 or you know, anything that actually refers to the setting, like a normal person would.

9. shadowslasher11

Marketing ploy.

There's been plenty of games out sure, but we've never seen a 1 in front of a Battlefield title. Which is why they're using it now.

10. FillWerrel

Staff Member Newshound

If you don't follow Reddit, this guy does an amazing job at breaking down the trailer.

11. shadowslasher11

Battlefield 1 gameplay trailer

12. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

And that ^ is why I hate the modern AAA gaming industry. That is supposed to be a gameplay trailer, yet it's all pre-rendered bullshit. There's not a second of actual gameplay as you'd experience when you actually play it. This. Is. Not. Gameplay.

Basically fuck EA (and Ubisoft etc., also Konami for unrelated reasons).

I am interested in seeing what it's like though, a change from the standard modern military shooters that get churned out every year sounds good. Also not many games are set in WW1 nowadays so that might be good too.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. shadowslasher11

Fine, here, 45 minutes of gameplay. All unrendered footage, and it looks exactly like it does in the trailer. How about you quit being an ass about everything and start doing a little research before you go saying 'Fuck (Company/Person)' here.

Edit: And what's this? Another one without voice over?! *GASP* It's not like I can't find this shit through a quick youtube search.

#13 shadowslasher11, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  14. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

You realize I was specifically speaking about the trailer you posted that was labeled as gameplay, right? At no point did I suggest that I thought there was no gameplay released at all. How about you do a little reading before you start being an ass?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

lmao calm the fuck down and stop being so dam edgy

16. Marshall

Marshall Survival Staff

Green and shadow cut it out with the name calling, this doesn't need to escalate anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. shadowslasher11

How about you get out of anything game related in the media. YOU KNOW NOTHING! You constantly barge into these conversations acting like you know what you're talking about, BUT YOU DON'T! You know nothing on game design, you no nothing of how games get done, you have no clue as to what the money it costs to make this shit is. But here you are, acting like you know how to make a good game trailer or demonstrate gameplay without it coming off as completely half-assed. "OH BUT THE TRAILER ISN'T SHOWING GAMEPLAY!" It's all gameplay! Half from the campaign's cutscenes, half from the multiplayer. You don't want to see it that way, you purposely set yourself on the edge to call something bad to give your reasoning to make sense.

Green, everytime you do this, it makes me want to jam my fingers into my eye sockets and rip my skull in half because you act like you understand what is happening here. Just. Stop. Please.

If you knew what you were doing, you would be in these companies doing the work for them.

And I'll make you a deal on this. If you ever end up at one of these companies, and make a well deserved trailer, I will come to your house, wherever it is in the world, and literally kiss your ass.

#17 shadowslasher11, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dynamite Dynamite x 1
  18. shadowslasher11

Gamescom Trailer!

19. shadowslasher11

Singleplayer Trailer!