The Voyager - A Minecraft Story

Discussion in 'Written' started by rocman, May 28, 2016.

1. rocman

rocman Active Member

the voyager.png
    Hey guys! After my long hiatus away from the game, I'm back to "enlighten" you guys with some quality content. This is my story about a singleplayer world that I recently created for the sole purpose of posting it here and on the official Minecraft Forums. My hope is that this will be a place for some minecrafters to have some fun and relax while reading a story that I wrote about my world. I hope you enjoy!

#1 rocman, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rocman

rocman Active Member

Day 1: Today I will spawn into a new Minecraft world. I can't wait, because this is the first world I've created since the last update. I spawn on a plain, facing a forest which rests on a hill.
    2016-05-27_17.46.34.png
    I looked around my surroundings, but after taking a quick peek around I chose to go to the forest. I punched a tree, got some logs, and made myself a wooden axe. I chopped down enough trees to get exactly 32 logs, or if you are too lazy/don't know how to do the math that means I would get two stacks of birch planks to use, or I could cook them and make some charcoal. I made a sword to kill a few pigs to get some food for my journeys. After this, I found a nice little area to put my new little hole. I tunneled out a little area and put two furnaces (in which I made some charcoal) and I also put my crafting table right under your feet when you walk in the door.
    2016-05-27_17.57.31.png
    And the door was birch, by the way.
    2016-05-27_17.57.23.png
    Before I was to hang up my feet for the night, I went up to the treetops to capture a perfect sunset to end a perfect first day.
    2016-05-27_17.58.26.png

3. rocman

rocman Active Member

Day 2: Uggggh. I got no sleep last night! I didn't have a bed, and I couldn't sleep on just dirt or stones, so I started to build a little bit on my little hole. I dug out about 2 blocks more backwards so I could have some more room to enjoy the game and make more stuff. After this, the sun was about to rise, so I fought through the crowd of mobs that were near my home to get a great sunrise picture.
    2016-05-28_08.14.41.png
    After this, I organized my chests so that I could easily find and store all the materials I need. Then, I set out for the day, not searching for anything in particular, but just enjoying how beautiful the game of Minecraft can be. I found a few caves, but didn't do any mining for fearing of getting lost, but I did pick up five iron ores to be smelted later and probably be turned into an iron pickaxe. I found a sheep and some chickens, and I had to kill them. Sorry animals! Then, I searched for home, and I had to search for a while until finally finding it. When I got home, I made a few windows to look out from.
    2016-05-28_08.30.00.png
    I also made a little hole to mine in. Holeception!
    2016-05-28_08.20.02.png
    Thanks for reading guys, and I'll see you tomorrow!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. rocman

rocman Active Member

Day 3: Again, no sleep! I am so unbelievably tired that I feel like I might pass out writing this. But anyway, I got a good amount done today! I started working last night and I replaced my dirt wall at the front of my hole with glass, so I could look out on the forest and the passive/hostile mobs that are awaiting to punch me in the blocks.
    2016-05-29_09.03.55.png
    That took all night, so when morning struck I quickly made a chicken coop for a food supply (I actually have no chickens there right now)
    2016-05-29_09.21.29.png
    After that, i took a quick screenshot of my coordinates and I set off to explore the forests and plains. What i wanted to do on this day was to get some wood other than birch, so that I can have different types of wood to build with. I also wanted to find a cave so that I may get some more coal and iron ore. I was very successful in getting these items, since I got 13 pieces of coal, 18 pieces of iron ore, and 39 oak wood logs. I also found some chickens and pigs that I killed to get some more food, since I haven't started a farm yet.

Wow! The day is already over? Well, as they say, another day, another extremely beautiful sunset (paraphrasing, of course).
    2016-05-29_09.25.00.png
    Hmm, I think tomorrow I'll start a wheat farm. Seeya then!

Thanks for reading everyone, this journal has been doing great on both of the forums that I upload it on daily. I want to thank each and every one of you for reading and keeping me interested in writing!

Attached Files:

5. rocman

rocman Active Member

Day 4: I got a lot of work last night! I'm still really tired, but wow, am I excited for the next day! I did everything I wanted to do, and then some. First of all, I made a little farm in my hole. I mined out a little section, made some smooth stone slabs to step down on, and planted the seeds.
    2016-05-30_09.29.00.png
    I'm sure this will help me have a better food supply in the future, since all I could do before was kill innocent animals. Anyway, this took all night and most of the day, since I had to mine it out with stone tools, make the slabs, get the water, and get the seeds. However, I explored just a tad after making the farm, and I found some sugar cane in which I planted on the river's bank.
    2016-05-30_09.35.56.png
    And just like that, the day is over!
    2016-05-30_09.36.11.png
    I can't wait for the next day in the Voyager's Minecraft World! By tomorrow I'll bet that I can have some bread, and I'll be able to expand on my little hole since I now have a renewable food source. See you guys next time, and thanks for reading! :)

6. flubbyfluffer

flubbyfluffer Well Known Member

I am enlightened

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  7. rocman

rocman Active Member

Day 5: I didn't really do anything exciting today, or for that matter the night before, but it's my discoveries that are what I really want to talk about. So, first of all I saw a creeper and an enderman waaaaay too close to my door.
    2016-05-31_20.25.03.png
    Well, since I didn't go outside, there was no problem. After I saw the creeper a-creeping, I went downstairs into my mine. My intention was to go down to Y=11 and set up a little mining station in order to mine in tunnels and possibly get diamonds, iron, gold, lapis, redstone, or coal. And wow, that I did! I mined it out, and after I did I started tunneling, and I found a vein of 3 iron, and after being persistent and mining a little more, I found a vein of eight diamonds!
    2016-05-31_20.27.14.png
    That was great! I went right to my chest and put the diamonds away safely in my chest.
    2016-05-31_20.30.47.png
    I mined a little bit more, and then I found a vein of ten gold ore!
    2016-05-31_20.34.50.png
    After this, I realized that my day was done. If you were wondering, my sugar cane and wheat farms have had basically no improvement, but they are coming along and I can't wait for them to blossom into great food producers!

Anyway, thanks for reading! I'll see you guys tomorrow, and I'll seeya next time!