No Man's Sky. A Game Finally Bigger Than Minecraft

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by IllusionIte_, Nov 9, 2015.

1. IllusionIte_

IllusionIte_ Active Member

I'd love to play this game. The only thing is that i'm not sure if my PC can handle it.

2. edsta024

edsta024 Active Member

Exactly this then you should be golden.

3. edsta024

edsta024 Active Member

What you runnin?

4. Kenny

Kenny Well Known Member

APUs arent bad, just dont handle integrated graphics like intel does (not that intel handles any better). ALWAYS go for dedicated graphics when gaming/video editing. thats really the only critical thing here is the graphics. more RAM wouldnt hurt.

5. BC519

BC519 Active Member

Code:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127841
    And a 650w power supply to go with is what I'm thinking.

Any thoughts or recommendations otherwise?

6. Kenny

Kenny Well Known Member

looks solid to me. could always wait a few weeks for the 1080. but the 970 is still solid.

7. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I have a MSI 970 and highly recommend it. It is a great. As far as recommendations, when buying a new power supply unit I would suggest trying to get a modular one. It is not necessary but Modular saves a lot of room in your case and improves airflow as well as reducing build up of dust inside case on unused cords.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SimplyNova

SimplyNova Member

Now compare it to Eve Onlines universe, its constantly growing every day. Although much like Lego argued, you can't say something is bigger until you physically see how big it is.

9. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Eve online's universe is massive sure, but much of it is dead unused space and the rest of it after a while is pretty much all the same just in different patterns. Same kind of planets, same asteroid belts, same formations and complexes just in different areas and configurations. It is not really comparable to something like this tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SimplyNova

SimplyNova Member

It is quite comparable, because they both take place in the universe. Eve Online is not all the same, as you've said. Each solar system, and each planet, right down to even the asteroids are different. There are millions of models, and millions of different configurations but they are not constructed the same. One thing I will say No Man's Sky does do that Eve really doesn't do is allow the player to go from the planet straight into space. In Eve players must play either Dust 514, or the online pc game. Dust is the boots on the ground game, in which allows players to have an FPS experience with the added benefit of pc players actually having the ability to shoot lasers from space, to the field. Sure Eve Online has dead space, but within literally 4 hours of a new solar system or for that anything new generated by their servers players have already explored, and gather many minerals or etc. The only thing to remain unknown is the size comparison, which I really do hope is bigger than Eve, because otherwise massive amounts of players will have ended up already done with the game.

11. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Saying something is comparable just because they take place in the universe isn't really a solid point, but ok.

I won't argue semantics about it, simply because I Don't care, I just dont agree with you. All I will say is that the very core of each game is completely different than the other. There are similarities, sure, as there would be with any space based sandbox game.

12. BC519

BC519 Active Member

They keep pushing it back. August now. I'm just gonna buy tires and shoes this time around.

13. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

It's GTA V for the PC all over again.

• Ninja Ninja x 1
  14. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

I've been playing a game called Elite Dangerous to kind of bide my time until this is released and honestly - at least what I've seen so far - I think I might like Elite Dangerous more anyway. No Man's Sky looks neat, but I can see getting bored with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

It's almost like it's not literally the second coming of Christ and could have flaws

16. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

I saw everyone around me suddenly get hype for it while I sat here wondering where this hype came from. I'm still confused where the hype came from tbh

• Like Like x 1
  17. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

I am just waiting for it to be on a steam sale :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

well, game been out for a little bit and i have to say... the reviews people are giving it are disheartening. I've not played it but on steam its rated with mixed reviews - almost 44k reviews and only 55% are positive. Is it really that bad or is this an example of something being over hyped about then people are let down.

19. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

Once again the hype train hit it hard. We knew little to nothing about it and people made it out to be the best game ever made

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

I so far enjoy it, but that's probably because I'm kinda a science nerd. Other than that aspect, I can see why it may be found boring by others less into that field. Mindless exploring does have a specific type of crowd.