Dannylb's Designer Application - Approved

Discussion in 'Builders' started by Dannylb, Apr 15, 2016.

?

Designer worthy? - Yes or No

Poll closed Apr 29, 2016.
  1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No, because...

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dannylb

Dannylb Well Known Member

1. What is your in game name? Dannylb [+++]
    2. Are you a Citizen? Yes.
    3. Are you the only builder on the project? Yes, I am the only builder on the project.
    4. What is the coordinates to your project? Are there any nearby nether portals? X: -9581 Z: 131 Y: -9891 & No nearby nether portals.
    5. Post at least 2 pictures of your plot:

Wide angled shot:
    2016-04-15_19.28.53.png
    1st Island:
    2016-04-15_19.28.16.png
    3rd Island:
    2016-04-15_19.29.46.png
    2nd Island
    2016-04-15_19.30.19.png
    Angle two, 2nd island:
    2016-04-15_19.30.35.png
    2nd Island, updated:
    2016-04-18_22.29.27.png
    Angle two, 2nd island updated:
    2016-04-18_22.29.56.png
    Angle three, 2nd island updated:
    2016-04-18_22.30.08.png

Edit 1: I have added some updated photos of the blacksmith, I took on-board feedback from Gamer and Hail, added small details such as trapdoors and buttons, opened up the 'attic' room and changed a few block types to add contrast and variety.
    Edit 2: I've added a few more exterior decorations as well as sectioning off an area for the horses and adding a few minor details there. Nothing 'new picture worthy' though.

Forgive the semi-random screenshot order.

If you do not have access to /Fly then please swim up the waterfall located on island 3.

I've attempted to include a screenshot of several angles as well as focusing on the 3 key islands - I started this build back when the map was new, went inactive for a period of months, re-joined and decided to continue developing the build into what they are now.

If you decide to vote 'No' on my project, please leave some feedback for me to mull over, similarly, if you vote 'Yes' and there is some feedback you'd like to give, feel free.
    Cheers.

#1 Dannylb, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  2. HazelRain

HazelRain Active Member

I saw your build the other day and I really liked it. Good luck! :)

3. flubbyfluffer

flubbyfluffer Well Known Member

I said no because the statues you have built can be found online, therefore do not require that much creativity. However, I do not know that that is the same case for the house. Also, you only have three islands, and they probably could have used some more time to be terraformed. Their tops are too flat and the bottoms do not look natural.
    Your idea overall is alright, but it's been done before. If you took some more time on this I would have said yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. kyrstin861

kyrstin861 New Member

5. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

I feel as if your block usage for the house was repetitive; too much dark oak and cobblestone. Try thinking outside the box by varying your block usage. Also, something that would spice up your house is adding decoration within the exterior (e.g. adding trapdoors, buttons, ladders, etc.) would really catch my interest, and possibly others'. So for now I will abstain from voting.

I am not good at terraforming, so I will refrain from criticizing you on that.

6. Dannylb

I've taken your advice and added some exterior decorations, I agree with you that it provides a little extra 'something'. In terms of additional block usage, I will continue to ponder my options and provide updates if/when changes happen. Cheers for the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gamer

Gamer Active Member

Thanks! Glad you took my advice! :D

8. SirFlamehood

SirFlamehood New Member

I'm going to remain neutral. I found the statues with a quick google search, but I do like the house. I think it is a good idea but there could be more originality.

9. Hail_a3

Hail_a3 Stars of the Forums

Danny, I'd like for you to upload some updated pictures, as I think this would be great for showing off your build and the changes you've made.

I believe at this time your build is pretty good. To remain objective, I also considered everything else we have on our server and the quality of most other builds. I feel your build would be preferred over 90% of the others out there, and the concept and artistic direction you chose is very interesting and unique. You found inspiration and put your own twist on it, and I think that it really paid off. I definitely enjoyed my visit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dannylb

Much appreciated, Hail. Once I have a spare minute I'll post some updated photos alongside my current photos to show the stage of progression made as suggested by other players. I will also continue to adapt and work on feedback provided! Cheers.

11. Crafty_Corndog

Crafty_Corndog New Member

I like the idea of this but it isnt very designer worthy because almost 50% of the build can be found online in about 2-3 min and there are only 3 islands and they are all flat and simple

12. Crafty_Corndog

Crafty_Corndog New Member

Im very sry if you felt i was being harsh ^

13. Dannylb

Thanks for the feedback, I agree about the flatness of the islands, it's a bug-bear of mine. However, I hope you're not just going off the photos and have actually taken some time to look around the build itself...

As this application has gone over the deadline and I have been promoted in-game, could it be 'approved' on the forums and locked to stop uneccassary bumpage.

If there's any other feedback that people would like to give, feel free to message me in game or via the forums! Cheers.

14. Thatguy5600

Thatguy5600 Survival Staff

Locked on request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.