Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by TribalGiant, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Happy_Cookies

Happy_Cookies Well Known Member

Really sad how the game turned out :/
    I was really excited for it, I religiously followed it's development through multiple youtube channels for about a year and a half. The game, like most MMOs kinda came out half done. Lots of bugs (shame one of them was to dupe, which seems lots of people exploited) , not enough dungeons at launch, and the PvP is not lvl 10-20 friendly at all D:

I hop on time to time, but not enough to renew my membership. Was really hoping for some new formula of MMO, but it didn't innovate too much. Gonna give it another chance in a few months (When it goes Fee to Play and I get a bunch of stuff for paying the $60 >:D)

Also - FOR THE QUEEN YOU HUMAN PLAGUES TO TAMERIAL!!!!!

2. TribalGiant

TribalGiant Member

Tbh, I feel it had a much smoother launch than some other MMO's I played on launch day. But that's just me.

3. Pocnet

Pocnet Forum Legend

Well.. to start off, by the time the first major post-launch patch was released I was in the 15-20 level range (meaning I had began the second questing zone). I only remember 1 bugged quest throughout my leveling, and to be honest it didn't bother me. I was patient and when they fixed it I simply went back and completed it.

My experience since the 5-day early access was very much satisfactory, I did not expect a bug-free game or a perfect launch, although it did go well in the first week. Now I do acknowledge that there were quite a few bugs - but I didn't let it affect my enjoyment of the game, as I know it'll be fixed eventually.

About the dungeons.. You serious!? I've got about 6 dungeons ranging from level 12-30 that I haven't done yet, and I just hit 30 a few days ago! The dungeon system in the game is that your faction has 1 dungeon every few levels (i'd say about 5-8 levels between each dungeons), but when you finish your faction-specific dungeon, you get the option to venture into the other 2 faction's dungeons. This basically means you have 3 dungeons per dungeon level range!

I haven't PvP'd that much as i'm more focused on leveling and as of now it's not that rewarding XP-wise, but for the 10 minutes I did PvP in, i'd say it's a bit overwhelming for a new level 10 player - but I guess it's something you'll get the hang of as you play through it more.

In the end, i'm enjoying this MMO extremely and will be continuing to pay for the subscription gladly. It's a new game experience, and i'd recommend it to any Elder Scrolls or MMO fan.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. June

June Active Member

I thought this game didn't come out till June...?

5. TribalGiant

TribalGiant Member

For consoles it doesn't.

6. June

June Active Member

Well you can obviously tell I don't play PC

7. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

So... as I have not played ESO yet, because I wanted to wait and see if it lived up to all its hype... is this a accurate review of the game? I would like to know before spending so much $$$ on the game.

8. Pocnet

Pocnet Forum Legend

Stopped the second he started talking crap about the game. Someone's obviously butt hurt.

His whining is either about bugs or aspects of the game that he didn't enjoy. Keep in mind this is only 2 weeks after launch.. I really don't know what he was expecting. The problem with people nowadays is that they take to bashing and hating a game for not fulfilling their "perfect mmo" needs instead of actually helping the game creators improve their product by implementing player suggestions and tweaking the different bits and pieces that weren't polished at the time of release. Zenimax have been responsive with the community (when they're respectful) and are definitely willing to take in suggestions and actually implement them if it improves the overall experience for everyone.

Now can I ensure you'll enjoy this game? Not really, but I can tell you it's definitely worth the money to at least try it out once. If i'm not mistaken, Amazon are selling the game for $30 now, so i'd say get it while it lasts. Obviously it's not bug-free, nor is it the perfect MMO - but it's honestly the most enjoyable game i've played in a while. The quests, the environment, the music, it all just fits in beautifully. If you do decide to get it, don't rush through anything. This game isn't meant for people who want to complete it all within a week. When I first started there were days where I played for hours and didn't even level up - and I was completely fine with it. Now i'm not saying you won't level up at all in a day, on the contrary quite a bit of stuff give XP (exploring, quests, dungeons, PvP, etc.) but there's no hurry in this game. Enjoy it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

10. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Well he showed in game footage of most all of what he was talking about, pointing out the things that he really did not like and it wasn't completely negative as he did give them credit for things that they excelled at such as the pvp aspect. The footage of the content he was "angry" about though made me wonder though if I really wanted to play. As what I saw was quite lackluster for what I would expect of an elder scrolls title.

11. FillWerrel

FillWerrel Survival Staff
    Staff Member Newshound

This guy posts reviews of highly anticipated games finding every flaw he possibly can with one or two sarcastic pro's. Go look at his channel.
    Anyways I think ESO looks like a fun time but I will not pay $15 a month just to keep it.

12. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

Well, steam has now convinced me to play ESO :) can't pass up 40% off the imperial edition with a bonus steam vanity pet as well as all the perks of everyone else lol. So maybe I will see some of you soon once the .... 44 gigs of data... finishes downloading.

13. Legopossible

Legopossible Active Member

Is it attempting to be on WoW's level of money-stealing?

14. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

*shrug* $15 a month is pretty standard for most mmo subscriptions, I already pay that for EVE online, wildstar is the same. I dont see $15 a month as a big deal... that is $0.50 a day. Depending on how much you play that game its really not such a bad deal for entertainment. Hell, a single new dvd bought or movie watched in theater is going to run you the same thing... for an hour or so worth of entertainment. I mean, if you can't afford $0.50 a day for a game then perhaps its a good thing your not playing.

15. Legopossible

I can afford, but it is pretty new unlike wow and eve which have been going for a while.

16. Exavious

Exavious Forum Legend

You do realize that both wow and eve have had $15 subs since the start, right? Obviously a new game is not going to have the same quantity of content as a game that has been out for 10 years. I do believe given time though that eso has the potential to outpace wow given that same amount of time, once they work the kinks out. Even wow had it's issues at launch, I played wow for 6 years from beta.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Legopossible

NO, WOW IS PERFECT AND AMAZING

also don't try to make sense of what I'm saying. I've been up for two days and I'm sleepy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Pocnet

Pocnet Forum Legend

Givin' this a bump since the game went through a name rebranding (it's now The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited) and with that they've dropped the subscription requirement, making it a buy-once-and-play game. A whole load of new content has been added, one of them being the justice system where you can kill pretty much any NPC in any town (except quest givers and merchants), steal, pickpocket, and break into houses. I could go on and on about the new updates but they're actually as listed perfectly in the ESO subreddit wiki.

I think it's safe to say the game is pretty polished by now, and is amazingly fun to play. Many new updates are in the works (imperial city from oblivion, spellcrafting, new zones), and i'd 100% recommend it if you're an elder scrolls & MMO fan. If any of you do buy the game hit me up on the EU megaserver at @magistix1.

19. Lego90210

Lego90210 Active Member

For some reason I can't install the game on my current rig. The OS file could be corrupted, or there's a file that won't let the installation initialize after it finishes installation load. This will most likely be the first game to go onto my new rig once it arrives.

• Like Like x 1
  20. June

June Active Member

Still got my pre-order card from last June, can't wait to get it for the One.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1