Survival H1z1

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by eightnine, Jan 18, 2015.

1. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

H1Z1 early access is here! Not familiar with the name? Well, H1Z1 is a sandbox zombie survival game being developed by Sony. (it'll actually get finished! *cough DayZ cough*)

You can check out the website Here . It's a Steam game and it costs $20.

My experience so far: It's early access. That means that it is not done. That means that there are some bugs and you go in expecting them. I have not run into any bugs that are game breaking. Usually, just some graphical glitches here and there. The game is totally playable and I'm enjoying it immensely.

You can craft different weapons, foods, etc. Check it out.

Play with me if you bought/plan on buying it. I'm on the Doubletap server. It's definitely great fun with some friends!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. HarryTurney

HarryTurney Forum Legend

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. eightnine

eightnine Active Member

Eh, it's really NOT as big a deal as you're making it out to be. Haha. If you played the game, instead of just throwing some images together, you'd see that. People who 'pay' for airdrops die just as well as all the others. It doesn't really give them a great advantage, IMO. I've already killed folks for their airdrops, even.

If you just want to have a nice survival experience, it's totally possible. I haven't purchased anything and haven't seen any "OP" stuff floating around. Honestly, I think people are just throwing this around needlessly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Greenjuice

Greenjuice Member

However you put it they broke their promise. Besides that it's also early acces and a zombie survival game, a type of game that has been consistantly milked for all it's worth, i don't expect any different from this. Talk about it again if/when it ever comes out of early acces.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pocnet

Pocnet Forum Legend

I don't believe the issue lies with the airdrops themselves, rather the developers failing to keep their promise of no advantages whatsoever to those who pay (other than cosmetics, which offer no perks). Through this they've proven themselves to be unreliable and untrustworthy, and I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to spend my money on a game with developers that don't stick to their word.

If they were even remotely considering a pay-to-win model, they shouldn't have advertised it as being a "no selling power" game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. scotch222

scotch222 Well Known Member

^ I agree with poc. It really looks like the cousin of DayZ, the slightly lowered learning curve cousin. In my opinion it still looks like a game you'll get 20-30 hours out of before you never touch it again because playing solo is not as fun as playing with a clan or group. If you have multiple friend playing it, then go ahead and purchase, you'll probably get a kick out of it.