Notch has confirmed via Twitter that he will be adding cookies into the next Minecraft version 1.4 release. It is expected will look as our image above, we also know that cocoa beans will be a part of the crafting recipe! The cocoa bean already technically exists in Minecraft but can only be accessed currently by hacking.
If you wish to change the password you use with Minecraft just follow these simple steps:
1. Visit http://www.minecraft.net/.
2. Next just sign in to your minecraft account, click on Log in link at the top of the web page.
3. Click on the Profile page link on the web page.
4. Now click the link under the section titled Change password.
5. Next enter your current password then enter your new password twice.
6. Press the Change password button, you have now changed your Minecraft password!
Minecraft Server Updates and Plugin Versions:
- McMyAdmin 0.9.0.5 Professional to 0.9.0.6
- HeroChat v4.7.4 to v4.7.6
- Magic Carpet v1.4.4 to v1.4.5
- LWC v1.63 to v2.00 (MySQL)
- SignColours v0.3
- BorderGuard Lite v2.20
We urge everyone in the Minecraft community to change their Minecraft.net passwords ASAP. Please read below for tips on how to create a better password before doing so.
It recently came to our attention that a list of approximately 1,000 Minecraft account names and passwords were made freely available on the internet. We believe this list consists of information collected by a group of malicious users from a well known “griefing team”. How the information in this list was obtained is not sure, but we suspect they collected them through the use of hacked clients that pretend to only give you extra features like flying or seeing through blocks but actually send your account information to the creators as well.
The first thing we did when we acquired this information was to inform Mojang of this crisis, however, we feel we can do a bit more for the community while we wait for them to handle the situation properly as we’ve learned that there’s a high possibility that the griefing team is aware that their list has been made public. As such, we are going to be pre-emptively banning compromised accounts with an informative reason. Unfortunately, MCBans did not have a means of merely informing compromised accounts that their username and password have been discovered, so banning them with a brief message telling them so is the only option.
If there is ONE thing you read in this announcement, it should be this: we urge everyone to go and change their passwords NOW, keeping in mind the following tips on creating better passwords:
- Passwords should not contain words found in the dictionary
- Passwords should contain a mixture of upper and lowercase characters.
- Passwords should contain a mixture of letters and numbers.
- Passwords should contain punctuation characters and symbols such as: % & + – = #.
- Choose a password you can remember but don’t make it too easy.
- Passwords should be at LEAST 8 characters in length, but 14 or more is preferable.
Please help us by sharing this information with everyone you know and getting them to change their Minecraft.net passwords.
Minecraft Server Updates and Plugin Versions:
- Minecraft Server Version Beta 1.3
- McMyAdmin 0.9.0.5 Professional
- Bukkit from 535 to 557
- GroupManager version 1.0(alpha-5)
- Fake Permissions version 2.5.1
- LWC v1.63
- Essentials build Dev 2.0.867
- WorldEdit 4.2
- Vanish v1.5
- Reserved version 2.2.2b
- HeroChat version 4.7.4
- Magic Carpet version 1.4.4
- WorldGuard 4.0-alpha1
- AntiGrief – Version 0.8.1.1
Fancy winning an iPod Touch? Well Minecraft Server is holding a building contest, if you are the winner this is just what you will be rewarded with for your efforts. Participating builders will need to solo build due to the nature of the prize. All creations must be original, hand built and be built from scratch within the contests duration.
Minecraft Server Building Contest Rules:
- You can submit up to 3 screenshots of your structure.
- Screenshots need to be emailed to Natbyte for initial judging before the closing date.
- You can add a description of the screenshots.
- Texture packs can be used for the screenshots.
- A pre-selection of 5 finalists will be made by Natbyte.
- Entries will need to be verified they exist on minecraftserver.com.
- Finalists will be placed into a public vote on the minecraft server website.
- The more creative and innovative the better.
- Remeber visual appeal is important.
- This is a solo build competition.
- The Winner will receive an iPod Touch
Closing Date April 30th 2011
Any questions just post in the comments and they will be answered.
Chain World started as Jason Rohrer’s winning entry to the 2011 Game Design Challenge: “Bigger than Jesus”. The intention behind it is to have a game where a players interaction with the world becomes the next state for another player. Play is passed from one player to another sequentially, so there is no direct player interaction.
Jason Rohrer used a custom minecraft launcher that works with a USB stick. This launcher allows you to play a special “Chain World”. The basic idea is that you play the game until you die, at which point you are supposed to quit, and the world is saved on the USB key. Then the USB key is passed to the next player.
Original Chain World Commandments
1. Run Chain World via one of the included “run_ChainWorld” launchers.
2. Start a single-player game and pick “Chain World”.
3. Play until you die exactly once.
* Erecting wooden signs with text is forbidden
* Suicide is permissible.
4. Immediately after dying and respawning, quit to the menu.
5. Allow the world to save.
6. Exit the game and wait for your launcher to automatically copy Chain World back to the USB stick.
7. Pass the USB stick to someone else who expresses interest.
8. Never discuss what you saw or did in Chain World with anyone.
9. Never play again.
For more information visit the Chain World website.
One of the Minecraft programmers Jens Bergensten has uploaded a video to youtube showing the new wolf pets these are expected to be included in the next beta release of Minecraft (beta v1.4) If you watch the video you can see them swimming, being given bones, hunting and overall just being a damn cool addition to the minecraft world! Video after the jump. Read more »